Eliminate confusion over missing Today/Upcoming/Later headings

my-tasks
today
mark-for
upcoming
later

To reduce confusion like those writing in Headers are missing in My Tasks for some users and many others…

Might it make sense to always leave all headings (Today/Upcoming/Later) visible to make these more discoverable and encourage their use? Since they’re already collapsible with twisties, this is a great opportunity for “empty state” messaging including something like “Click the blue dot on a task to move it from New to Today, Upcoming or Later.”

On the downside, it takes up more room, but so what–that user isn’t really using looking past the New grouping I imagine. Also, the user can collapse the section(s) to just show the heading which doesn’t take up much room.

Just a thought (which I imagine has already been thought of and ruled out for some reason)!

Larry Berger
Asana2Go & Asana Certified Pro consultant at Trilogi Software

Thanks @lpb, this is certainly something we have been discussing internally, and a question that often comes back on the Community Forum! Will keep you posted as soon as I have a solid update :crossed_fingers:t3:

I so agree with this. It is very weird to hide them. And let’s be honest: who has empty sections after a few days using Asana? :man_shrugging: I did not have an empty section in 4 years I think :sweat_smile: