Edit option for conversations and comments

This is the a major concern for me. As I grow my team and invite new members into the system, Iā€™m finding that I spend too much time cleaning up grammar, spelling and deleting unnecessary comments (by deleting the WHOLE TASK CARD) and starting from scratch. It does not take long as Iā€™ve gotten used to this process. But this feels so convoluted and not conducive for a client-facing window. The system would really be great if it allowed admins to delete anyoneā€™s comments.

When can I edit the conversations?

Weā€™re looking into this @Evgeny_Bondarenko,

Our Team is looking into this! Iā€™ll make sure to loop you in as soon as I have more precise information!

2 Likes

Came here to post that I am also in support of this feature. Thank you!!

I just wrote a long status update, posted it, then found a typo, and see thereā€™s no way to edit it apparently? I had to copy/paste, delete and start over (and edit the link Iā€™d already posted in Slack).

To me, just another place where Asana is quirkily incomplete. So many places have editable text throughout the app, I donā€™t understand why that wouldnā€™t carry over here.

HI @chrismo,

We recently implemented the ability to edit comments on Conversation and weā€™re planning to roll it out to conversations themselves in the next couple of weeks! Iā€™ll make sure to keep you posted on this thread as soon as it is available!

Iā€™ve gone ahead and merged your post with an existing thread we have on the topic, hope thatā€™s ok!

Have a great Monday!

3 Likes

Thank you for the update Marie! Any update on editing the initial conversation post?

@Mathew_Piccinato that will be part of the next update weā€™re planning to roll out in the next few weeks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Will this change apply to status updates then I presume?

Good question, let me check this and get back to you @chrismo!

Any more updates on this? Rollout of edit function on Conversation posts ā€œin the next couple of weeksā€ 28 days agoā€¦

Hi @Emma_Back,

Weā€™re hoping to launch this feature later this week, providing we donā€™t identify any major bug. Iā€™ll update this thread as soon as we start rolling out; if there is anything else I can help with in the meantime, please let me know!

Really looking forward to this being updated soon, please keep us in the loop! Thanks!

1 Like

Will do @claire5, the launch has been slightly delayed, but it shouldnā€™t be too long now until we roll it out!

checking in here marie, as itā€™s been about two weeks. any updates? thanks!

Hi @claire5, weā€™re running late, current due date is November 1st, so if it all goes well, this shouldnā€™t be much longer!

Happy Thursday everyone!

Iā€™ve some exciting news! Weā€™ve just started rolling out editable conversations today :star_struck: Theyā€™re currently available to 10% of our users and will become available to everyone within the next couple of days! Thanks for your support and patience, I know youā€™ve been advocating for this feature for quite some time, hope you enjoy it!

2 Likes

Can we PLEASE have a way for Admins to delete comments made by others as well? There is a lot of conversation out there and some of it not helpful/no longer relevant/not in line with communication standards, or any other host of reasons. Please allow Admins to delete others posts.

3 Likes

Definitely. I have a lot of screenshots added sequentially to a conversion which clutters its readability. Since the attachments already can be seen at the top of the task, those comments with images only become irrelevant. The problem is that I simply cannot delete those comments and need to scroll forever to get to the relevant bits which is real conversation.

@Marie how can we help to get @Gina_Beginā€™s request heard?

2 Likes

Hi @Marcus6 and @Gina_Begin :wave:t3:

I would recommend creating a brand new #productfeedback thread dedicated to this specific feature so other people can share their thoughts and upvote this request! Closing this thread to avoid any confusion!