It would be fantastic if we could have a way to assign subtasks to new parent tasks from the action menu on the subtask itself, or add it as a subtask via an @ link or task URL directly on the destination parent task.
I often have to move subtasks between parent tasks that live in different projects, and the current drag and drop workflow is pretty frustrating.
- Add the subtask to the same project as the destination parent task
- Find the destination subtask and open it in the center pane
- Find the migrated subtask amongst the other tasks in the same project
- Be careful not to open the migrated subtask, or click on another task in the project. If you do, start over at 2.
- Drag and drop the migrated subtask to the parent subtask
I’d be super stoked if this were a 1 step workflow where you could paste a task link into the subtask field when creating a subtask.