Dutch translation needs improvement

There is an incorrect use of the Dutch language when removing a person from a team. It potentially could be a bug. I reproduced the steps below:

(Sidenote: I can’t upload images because I’m new… That’s why the images as mentioned are available for download rom WeTransfer: WeTransfer - Send Large Files & Share Photos Online - Up to 2GB Free)

As seen in the screenshot (1.jpg), when checking the members in an existing team within a project, I can remove a person form that team, no problem.

As seen in the screenshot (2a.jpg), when I look at the team in the top tier of all projects, the way to remove members varies. I can only ‘remove’ a person, so I click ‘remove’. Then comes the text as seen in the screenshot (2b.jpg) which says: “Kies deze optie alleen wanneer u
test1@ontwerpbureauinc.nl wilt verwijderen it alle projecten in dit team.”. Translated this means: "Choose this option only if you want to remove test@ontwerpbureainc.nl form all projects in this team.

I click the red ‘Toegang verwijderen’ (remove acces).

Then it shows the strange sentence as shown in the screenshot above (2c.jpg) "In het geval dat deze person alle toegang verliest tot de organisatie inc.ventures en ontwerpbureauinc.nl, ongedaan maken. Roughly translated this means: If this person lose all access to inc.ventures and ontwerpbureauinc.nl undo.

As you can understand I would think I’ve done something wrong because I certainly do not want the person to be deleted from all the entire Asana board in our company. However, when I click ongedaan maken (undo) Asana does exactly that! It removes the person from the entire company and all tasks!

Luckily I was able to restore this step because I am an admin, but the steps as shown above do not match the expectation!

1 Like

Hi @Dennis_Ikink, welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:

This is currently expected behaviour. Removing a user from all Projects and Teams would remove them from the Organisation entirely.

Could you please clarify if you are flagging that the translation is incorrect or if you believed the removal of the user from the Organisation to be an error?

Hello Rebecca,

I can’t really flag it at this point, because the option to remove a person from a team is unexpectedly converted to removing this person from the entire Asana tool.

Thanks for getting back to me, @Dennis_Ikink. I’ve gone ahead and flagged this to our Localisation team.

I’ll let you know when I have any updates :slight_smile: