Duration of tasks and due date in workload

We use Asana to manage our sprint process. I would like to set the due date in tasks to be the end day of the sprint. This makes for easier reporting and it’s correct from a process point of view. Doing so messes up with Workload view, because there is one day when everyone is extremely busy (the last day of the sprint) and for the rest of the sprint everyone is free. But I don’t really know (nor want to impose) when people are going to tackle a task within the sprint – that’s up to them, in agile fashion.

So the question is, how can I use workload view with sprint (and point) system?
What I found so far:

• I can set a start date at the beginning of the sprint, and an end date at the end. But any timeline becomes pretty useless.
  • I can set a random start/end date which then gets adjusted as needed

What I also would like to do:

• How can I see how many points are my team members allocated in the sprint, so that they’re allocated the right amount?
  • Can I set a due date of the tasks that is separate from the start and end date? (there doesn’t seem to be a custom date field option).

The guidance on how to use Asana for sprint process doesn’t really cover point and workload allocation.

@dzilli, Did you look into setting effort for Workload: View Your Team's Workload in Asana | Product Guide • Asana Product Guide

The example there is for points.

Elsewhere in help article it mentions using Start Dates on tasks to evenly distribute work during weekdays.

If hovering for tooltip detail is not enough, in a list view of the tasks (in a project or search results) multi-select will tally all numeric custom fields (like points).

Hope those tips help,

Larry

Thanks @lpb. Yes that example doesn’t cover the distribution of workload other than start dates. I can set the start date, but I still have the same issue that if I set the end date to sprint end, the task remains active for the whole sprint (ugly and not correct), and if I set it when it actually finishes, I lose the ability to set a due date at the end of the sprint (which helps with reporting).

Thanks for the tip re: multi-select tallying all numeric values. That’s very useful and I didn’t know about it!

@dzilli, I don’t think I understand well enough what you’re looking to do so I’ll let someone else reply. There’s capacity, marking tasks complete when they’re done, and a few other tools here, but I’m sure they don’t handle every need as Workload is a new feature for Asana.