Duplicating Sub Tasks results in sub-task and a main task

When I duplicate a sub-task it results in the sub-task being duplicated within the task and also as a main task within the project. But they are both tied together. If I delete one, it deletes the other. Trying to determine how to delete as main tasks as these should only be sub-tasks.

Steps to reproduce: Duplicate a sub-task within a main task. The system automatically created the sub-task as a main task and sub-task. If I delete one it deletes the others

Browser version: Chrome Version 78.0.3904.108 (Official Build) (32-bit)

Upload screenshots below:

Hi @ Jamie11

I think I have understood the problem you are trying to expose.

Could you perform these checks?

1. The “Father” subtask, that is, the subtask from which you duplicate another subtask, DOES NOT have the project informed

2. When you click on the “duplicate” button, a box with several options appears. If the “Father” subtask of the previous step has a project informed, in this pop-up menu, you should disable the “Projects” option

I have simulated what you report, with a “Father” subtask to which I have added a project, and indeed the new duplicate Subtask appears in the main project because it inherits the initial parent subtask project.

I don’t know if I explained myself correctly, since I defend myself with English but I help myself with Google Translate.

Please let me know if what I propose works well for you.

greetings from Barcelona

2 Likes

That’s correct @JMartinez, well played! :raised_hands:t3:

Let us know if you have any follow-up questions Jamie!

1 Like