Duplicating Google Docs functionality in Asana

We need a kind of a “whiteboard” feature in Asana. Right now, we’re linking off to a Google Docs document that serves this purpose. Each project has its own google docs “whiteboard” of planning ideas and thoughts - not tasks. My team hates having to link outside of Asana to do this.

Is there a better way to achieve what we need in Asana, or is there some kind of “blank sheet” functionality that I have yet to find? I appreciate all answers. Thank you.

@Robert_Ryanson, I agree–that would be nice! But I think quickly folks might ask for more than one whiteboard per project, though that could be feasible too. Maybe this needs to be moved to #productfeedback to allow voting? /cc @Marie

But since you wrote, “I appreciate all answers,” I’d like to mention the following because I often end up with mind maps on whiteboards, and maybe it’s of interest/relevance:

Hi @Robert_Ryanson and welcome to our Community Forum :tada:

@lpb thanks for the mention! I’ve gone ahead and moved this thread to the #productfeedback category to allow you to vote for this feature.

@Robert_Ryanson, would you consider using our Brainstorming template and referencing into a task within your project?

You could also have a look into this Zapier integration: Connect your Asana to Google Docs integration in 2 minutes | Zapier

Hope this helps, please let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

1 Like

@Robert_Ryanson, I’m not sure what you mean by a whiteboard. Something you can draw and write on. Or are you using a Google Doc where you only use text.

If your looking for an Asana area to add shared text to the Project, would Asana’s Project description work?