Duplicated Sectors when using CSV to add new subtask

hello,

I am using CSV upload to update my project.
when I am uploading a CSV with a new subtask, it is duplicating the section with the new subtask.

is there a way to change/remove/add a subtask to an existing section from CSV?

thanks.
ayal

Hi @anon41108559, subtask should upload directly a task, not directly under a section, so the order should look like this:

• Section
  • Task
  • Subtask

If you haven’t yet, make sure to check out these tips on how to get your CSV set up and ready to import in Asana. There is a specific category dedicated to subtasks :slight_smile:

Hope this helps!

Hi @Marie,

Thank you for your reply.
Unfortunately, it doesn’t answer my problem (or I didn’t understand the solution :slight_smile: ).

I have a project with several sections. each section is a big task in the project, and it consists of tasks and subtasks.

I understand the relationship Section->task–> subtask and so on, but something is not working right when I am trying to update existing sections on the fly.

I think I should explain that this is just an example I am playing with before I create a real project. the objective is to be able to update project subtask/tasks on the fly.

I am trying to add a subtask under Pre-settings → Design.

the result is a duplicated section.

what do you say? am I doing something wrong?
(I will upload the excel PrintScreen in another reply)

Regards,
Ayal

CSV file

@Marie - good morning,
Do you have any suggestion regarding my situation?

Without seeing your CSV it is hard to advise you on this topic, so I would suggest reaching out to our support team with the info below, they will be in a better place to help!

• URL of the project you have imported your CSV into
  • Your CSV file to help us reproduce the issue
  • Screenshots of what you’re seeing while uploading your CSV

Also, feel free to share the URL of this thread so you don’t have to re-explain everything you’ve outlined above, our team will be able to check out this post!