Duplicated Projects with Attachments Do Not Show Thumbnail

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
When duplicating a project you are presented with the option to copy over Attachments. However, in the newly created project, the tasks where the original attachments were uploaded show the attachment but do not display the thumbnail image.

Steps to reproduce:
See above

Browser version:
Chrome OS (Mac OSX)

Upload screenshots below:

When duplicating a project, you have the option to copy over attachments:

On the newly created project / task, you can see the attachment, however no thumbnail is displayed below it:

Compare that to the original task in the project you duplicated from:

Maybe this isn’t a bug and is just how the attachments are handled? But it’d be really helpful to carry over the thumbnail view.

The only alternative solution is to download the attached image, delete it from the task, and then re-attach.

3 Likes

Hi @Ben_Brenner, and thank you so much for the report!

I was able to reproduce the issue on my end, so I filed a bug for our Development Team! I’ll be in touch as soon as I have an update!

1 Like

I was just to report the same thing. We duplicate tasks a lot and this is forcing us to re-upload all files again.

Please resolve asap

1 Like

Hi @Ben_Brenner and @Juan_Diego,

Our Team has confirmed that this isn’t a bug but in fact an expected behaviour as thumbnails haven’t yet been coded for projects built from templates. While I can’t share a precise timeline today, rest ensured that we have recorded this request and that we’re hoping to prioritise it as soon as we can. I’ll make sure to keep you posted here as soon as I have an update.

Again, sincere apologies for the trouble and thank you so much for your patience!

1 Like

It is not related to projects neither templates.

Simply duplicate any task and you will see no thumbnails at all.

Since the dev team will state this is not a bug (from their perspective) I hope the usability team will take on this one

Simply duplicate any task and you will see no thumbnails at all.

Are you looking at this?

Any update on this? We’ve been downloading from parent task and uploading to duplicate task and this is proving to be tedious and prone to error (well, not having thumbnails also leads to missed files). Any feedback or possible workaround will be appreciated! Thanks!

Correction, we do see thumbnails, although our designers prefer that they appear in the comments and not lumped together. Is this possible?