Duplicate Task Ownership and Due Dates

In our organization we duplicate project boards on a monthly basis (this makes time tracking and utilization tracking much easier). It would be great if task ownership and due-dates were duplicated at the same time. Our current process requires, duplicating board, then manually re-assigning tasks and due dates at the start of each month.

Hi :wave:,
Are you using Asana Premium or above? If yes, you can use a real template, pre-assign tasks and due dates, and shift due dates when creating the project.

1 Like

Hi @Joseph_Beam :wave:t3:

As @Bastien_Siebman mentionned, Templates would be super useful in cases like this; you can learn more about it in this article: How to Use Asana Project Templates | Product Guide • Asana Product Guide

If you’re under the free version, I would recommend creating a project that you call “Template”, create and assign all your tasks, and use this template only to duplicate it each month. You will be given the option to keep the Assignee and due dates! More info: Setting Up a Project in Asana | Product Guide • Asana Product Guide

Hope this helps!

1 Like

@Marie Thanks! I can’t believe I missed that.

2 Likes

You’re very welcome @Joseph_Beam , that’s exactly what this Community is there for :slight_smile: Let us know if you have any question or come across issues in the future, there will always be someone here to help!

1 Like