Duplicate Project - Task Collaborator Bug

When I duplicate a project, I am assigned to all tasks as a collaborator. When duplicating the project, the Task Collaborator checkbox is unchecked. Is this a bug or an intended feature? Is there a way to duplicate a project without having myself show up as a collaborator on all tasks?

Steps to reproduce:

1. Go to any project
  2. Go to Project Actions and click Duplicate Project
  3. Uncheck Task Collaborators
  4. Duplicate project

In the duplicated project, click on a task to find you are a collaborator on it.

Browser version: Google Chrome Version 97.0.4692.71 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Upload screenshots below:

1 Like

Wow very good catch! That explains the situation I encountered a few days ago. It looks like a bug to me indeed.

Hi @Andy_L, thanks for flagging this!

I haven’t been able to reproduce this on my end but have gone ahead and raised this with out Product team. I’ll let you know as soon as we have any updates :slight_smile:

In the meantime, could you please try these troubleshooting steps, specifically clearing cache, and let me know if they resolve the issue? Asana supported browsers and troubleshooting steps | Product guide • Asana Product Guide

Hi @Rebecca_McGrath ,

This is still happening for me. I had someone else in the team also test this and she is being assigned to all tasks in the duplicated project as a collaborator as well.

Please let me know once the Product team gets back to you. Thanks. :pray:

Hey there,

When you duplicate a project, you are the creator of the tasks that are created by the duplication process and thus are added as a collaborator. The “collaborators” checkbox simply determines whether or not other collaborators are also added alongside you.

2 Likes

Remember to remove yourself unless you want to be notified about everything happening going forward :sweat_smile:

Hi @anon12228830. Thanks for your input.

What is the reasoning behind this? I’m not sure if this is helpful or needed. It takes an extra step for me or anyone duplicating a project to remove our names from all the tasks. I think it makes more sense to assign collaborators as needed.

Is there a way for me to duplicate a project without being assigned as a collaborator to all the tasks? I don’t want to convert these projects into a template.

Thanks for your time and help!

1 Like

You could make them a template, use the template, and then move the project back to a normal project :person_shrugging: it does not have to stay a template.