Overdue date remains red in Boards when task is marked completed

Why do due dates continue to be displayed as red on Board View after I mark them as “Completed”? This is not the case in List View. In List View, completed due dates are grey.

Thank you

1 Like

Great question @Katrina_Johnson, sound like this is something our team need to take a look at, so I’ve gone ahead and filed a task for them to look into this, I’ll keep you posted as soon as they come back to me!

3 Likes

I also noticed that. It would be good to be grey or green, but not red…

1 Like

We just noticed this at our company as well and would love it to go back them being grayed out instead of red. It causes confusion when some tasks are actually over due vs being completed.

1 Like

Same thing happening on our end. Any updates?

Any updates on this issue? April 2021 and this is still showing red for completed items - not ideal considering that the color red is a visual indicator of something gone awry. Let us know if there is a way to change it. Thanks!

3 Likes

We would also like this feature enabled to have the date not be RED once the project is completed. Best for us would be once all the tasks in a project have been completed, regardless of the start / due date, the date in “Project Details” turns either GREEN or GREY. Any updates would be extremely helpful. Thank you!

2 Likes

I agree, I thought I was missing something. It’d be better to make them all grey if no better solution is available.

Same thing happens in calendar view on my tasks, though it’s circles. would love a fix! (or someone to correct me if I’m missing something)

Agreed and in general just having the option in settings to manage the color of due dates. For my team, the best solution would be to have the same color due dates regardless.

This seems to have been changed some time within the last three years; dates no longer show in red for completed tasks:

Larry

Welcome, @Elijah_Lukka_Luth,

Could you open a new Product Feedback thread for your request and what you replied to and vote there for that request?

Because the topic of this request is different and has actually been implemented so I marked a solution here a moment ago.

Thanks,

Larry