Due dates for new project from templates with incorrect dates

I have been using custom templates to create new projects without issue, we use end date as one month past start of project date, then create the project, and the dates would calculate correctly to the new project. Just recently, noticing the due dates do not align with the template when a new project is created, Ex. we have a task in the template due 3 months prior to a start date of project and now the due dates show too close to the actual training date, and others are showing due dates after the training.

Hi @julia.vandermeer, welcome to the Asana Community Forum!

In order to investigate this further, I recommend you contacting our support team as they will be able to have a closer look at your template and give you a tailored answer.

When you contact them, it would be super helpful if you could send them a screencast to help us visualize the issue. Loom is a great app for video screencasts: https://www.useloom.com/

In your video screencast, we recommend that you use a Chrome Incognito window and have your Javascript console open:

Try to include the entire browser window, including URL bar, in the video screencast.

I hope the issue is solved soon! Let me know if you have any other questions!

Do you have dates Defined in the project info box or are you relying on dates of the tasks in the template?

we had dates in the tasks defined, then when we created the project, we defined the end date. It seemed to work fine before, but not any more

So the dates of the new project are not based on the end date you gave during creation?

Correct, but date patterns did follow previously when I had create a new project from the template. For example, we had invoice date as Jan 31 based on the project end date of Dec. 31 and so on for all tasks in a template project which used to work when we created a new project from this template. Now, I go to use the template for a new project, ex. the end day is May 30, so the invoice date would be June 30. However, now the date patterns are no longer following this and our invoice date and many other tasks show up before the end date, after the end date etc.

Ok that is weird indeed, @Emily_Roman @Marie are you aware of any change or maye a bug?

1 Like

Hi @julia.vandermeer, I recommend you contacting our support team as they will be able to have a closer look at your template and give you a tailored answer. It would be very helpful if you sent them this information:

• URL of this thread
  • Projects URLs (template and project where dates are not correct)
  • Screencast showing the moment the project is created with incorrect dates. You can use the tool mentioned in my comment above.

Unfortunately I don’t have the tools in the forum to investigate this further or try to replicate this issue! Our support team is in a better position to give you a tailored answer here :slight_smile: I hope the issue is solved soon.

1 Like