Due Date notification

Why did Asana team decide do not send notifications when Due Date is changing?

I’m as collaborator of the task would like to get notified about that important changes.

1 Like

Hi Vitaly. While I’m unable to speak to why the team has not created a due date notification feature, I can say the team will be interested in hearing this suggestion. Thank you for your feedback!

1 Like

It looks like assignees of tasks receive notifications of due date changes, but collaborators don’t. It does seem like notifying collaborators would make sense.

More on task assignees and collaborators:

2 Likes

Dear Craig, do you mean that it is Assignee responsibility to notify them through comments or something?

Best regards,
Vitaly Baum

That’s one option. Maybe the best way to put it is that collaborators are people who want to be notified of new attachments, new comments, new hearts, and when the task is completed. People who want to know other things (like when due dates change) need to make other arrangements.

It might be a good idea for a team or organization to develop standards for who should change due dates and who they should notify.

1 Like

My first idea was that Due Date is more important than even comments in project management and collaborators usually are kind a stakeholders for the task

Best regards,
Vitaly Baum

Agreed - this creates a major pain point when putting together projects - the only way to see changes in due dates is to relentlessly check tasks - major time suck.

1 Like

Please do not send notifications to collaborators when a due date changes.

We have external collaborators and we don’t want to spam them with emails every time we change a due date (which is very often).

Instead, if some users really do need this, then plz at least make it optional in the settings.

I would appreciate this function as optional…
At least task creator should be notified…

1 Like