Dragging to "complete" section does not complete the task?

Maybe I’m missing something. I expected that when I dragged a task to the “completed” column that the task would be marked completed and not show up on my aggregate task list. This does not seem to be the case. Is there a setting somewhere to turn that on?
I’m using the free version.

Hi @Doug_Gilmour, thanks for reaching out! It looks like you are referring to our feature Rules. With Rules, you can set an action like “Mark task complete” to trigger the rule “Move task to specific section”. This feature is part of our Premium and Business plans, see more details here: Using Rules in Asana | Product Guide • Asana Product Guide

I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Hey @Doug_Gilmour,
the columns on board view are for you to organize tasks such as „To do“, „In Progress“, „Completed“ or let‘s say you have a board with a video preparation process set up then you would have different stages (columns).

To mark the task complete you still have to mark the task itself as such.

From the premium plan onwards you can also wet up rules which would then move a task to complete column when it is marked complete for example + many other automations are possible.

Hope that helps :smiley:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.