Drag and drop tasks is not working in Chromium-based browsers (Linux)

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
Unable to drag and drop tasks in Chromium-based browsers. It works fine in Firefox.
I am using Arch Linux with KDE desktop environment.
Drag and drop has worked fine in the past.
Thank you.

Steps to reproduce: Drag and drop a task using the left handlebar thing

Browsers tried:
Google Chrome: Version 97.0.4692.71 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Brave: Version 1.34.80 Chromium: 97.0.4692.71 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Upload screenshots below:

As a workaround I’m using Ctrl-up/down to move tasks.

Hi @Ricky_Manriquez, welcome to tha Asana Community Forum! Since this seems to be specific to Chromium-based browsers, I recommend you to contact our support team as they have more tools to try to reproduce the issue. You can contact them following these steps → How to contact our Support Team ✉. Feel free to send them the link to this thread so you don’t need to repeat everything.

I’m sorry I couldn’t help with this specific issue, let me know if you have any other questions!

Sounds good. I did that. Thanks.

Hi, I had previously run into what I think is the same issue (see Drag-Drop of task fails in Edge). I think I just identified how to reproduce it in isolation.

Quick background: I’m using Ubuntu Linux (Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS, 64-bit). I work with various browsers including Edge (Chromium based), Chromium, Chrome and Firefox. I origianlly noticed this under Edge.

When using Chromium, if I go to Setting > Appearance (chrome://settings/appearance) and turn on “Use system title bar and borders”, then I cannot drag tasks around. Disabling this setting allows me to drag-drop again.

I can’t find an equivalent setting under Edge, I suspect it cannot be toggled. So this effectively borks Asana under Edge in using Linux, if my hunch is correct.

Ricky, can you see if this works for you?

@Steve_Penrod Thanks for the suggestion.

I tried it just now in brave but sadly neither On or Off for that setting helps the drag and drop.

Yesterday I downloaded Chromium and Google Chrome Dev (Unstable) and those browsers seem to not have the issue. I dont know if it’s a coincidence but they are also the browsers that seem to have fixed the ongoing drag and drop bug affecting browser tabs (Linux):

Once the fix is rolled out downstream to other browsers, perhaps the issues in Asana will go away :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 4 days. New replies are no longer allowed.