Does the Slack to Asana Integration allow for confidential tasks

Hello,

We are in the process of decided whether the ASANA integration in Slack would work well for us.
We’d like to essentially use it as a way to create a centralized ticketing / queries system for our HR Team.
My question is related to confidentiality. If someone creates a ticket, within a specific slack channel, will they essentially have access to the entire HR Queries board or just their own question? I’ve been trying to test it but considering I have access to everything, it’s allowing me to see it all.

Hi @anon51693424, welcome to the Asana Community Forum!

If you share a task in Slack that is in a private project with a user that is not a project Member, they will not be able to make edits and be told to request access from the project owner. You can control whether the description for private tasks or projects are unfurled via / asana settings .

when creating task directly from Slack, users will be able to select public projects and private projects where they are members only. If the HR Queries project is private, only project members will be available to create tasks from Slack in this project.

You can learn more about the Slack integration in this article: Slack + Asana • Asana Product Guide

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.