Does anyone know why Asana is mailing me about a new task that's assigned to me, but when I go in there I have no tasks?

I receive an email from Asana that says “You just got assigned a task, now what?”, but when I log in to Asana I see no tasks. Could you help me with this?

Hi @Allan_Gomez. In the email you should have a link to the task what happens when you click on that?

Jason.

Hi @Jason_Woods. In the email there’s a button ‘Go to Asana’, upon clicking, it directs me to Asana home page, but the Tasks due are empty, the My Task list is empty too. If I’m part of a project would it trigger this mail? Thank you for reaching out.

Allan

Hi @Allan_Gomez, can you verify that you’re in the correct space? You might be looking at another Workspace/Organization attached to your account? Here is how to switch between spaces.

Let us know if that helps!

1 Like

Hi @Marie, I am part of just one Workspace/Organization. Thanks.

Allan

Thanks for the follow-up @Allan_Gomez. That does sound strange.

Is this happening regularly or is it the first time? Just wondering if the person who assigned you a task did not deleted in the meantime?

If that’s not the case, could you please forward this email to our Support team so we can investigate this issue further for you?

2 Likes

@Marie So far this has been the first and only mail I received, but a co-worker has got the same too.

Thanks,
Allan

1 Like

Thanks for the follow-up @Allan_Gomez,

It could just be a case that the task was deleted after the notification was sent to you and your colleague. I would highly recommend reaching out to our support team for further investigation if this issue surfaces again!

All the best :slight_smile:

Thank you @Marie and @Jason_Woods , shall revisit this if the issue occurs again.

2 Likes