Different types of dependencies

Hi,

I am still trying to figure out what I can and what I can’t do with Asana and couldn’t find a fitting topic for my problem.

I have a lot of tasks that are dependent of each other, but not from completing one.

So to name few types:
I should make a checkup call to our customer after a week has passed from certain task. Is it possible to make dependency so that the task opens a week after completing one task. Dependent + 7 days type of way.

Other one would be that I can’t start a task, before one other has started, but not yet finished.
So dependent of starting a task, not finishing it. And for this one too it would be good to have an option to add a day or two to make sure, I wont start a task too early.
Dependent of beginning + 2 days.

Hi @Jussi_Kangasniemi, welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:t2:

For your first scenario, I would suggest you use a task template instead of dependencies. You can create a subtask to follow up on the customer 7 days after the parent task was completed. Take a look at our Help Guide on template tasks here: Task Templates • Asana

For your second scenario, I suggest creating a post in the #productfeedback category as this feature is not yet available :slight_smile:

I hope this helps!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.