Desktop Asana app

+1 for a Windows App, not sure why you have apps for everything else but not for Windows? Most other project management tools have the app for desktop but I prefer Asana. Any news on getting this done?

2 Likes

To be fair and precise, there isn’t one for Mac desktop, either. :grin:

3 Likes

:smile: no comment haha

Another +one for desktop app, surprised that this even needs to be requested. I work remotely a lot and connectivity can be hit or miss. This is an ESSENTIAL development that should be added to the list.

+1 for a windows desktop app that can be used offline. when travelling on planes or trains an internet connection is not always available. This should not be a reason not to be productive …

1 Like

Hello asana lovers.
I know it’s not what you expect to hear, but maybe this can help you.
It’s what I use all the time.

In the end it is still the asana web app embedded in a desktop app, but without the navigation tabs to avoid distractions.

From here, … work offline, behaves the same as with the browser.

Best from Barcelona

2 Likes

It is not odd when you realize Asana is probably making lots of money–or even just staying afloat–by analyzing how all of their clients use their project management software, and how all projects progress over time. Every cloud-based, always-connected subscription service has some data-scraping practices creating revenue on the back end - even if it’s based on anonymous data.

Offline mode would compromise that part of a business model.

1 Like

+1 to this request. It’s immensely important with my companies mobility for us to be able to use Asana offline and then sync once on a network.

4 Likes

+1 to this request. My team travels weekly, and internet connections at hotels and on planes is not always reliable. Being able to work offline and sync later would be massively helpful.

1 Like

Hopefully ASANA take action on this request.
it’s highly need it.

1 Like

+1: working on planes & trains would be great!

With a desktop version, Asana is definitely going to be in a class of its own when it comes to project management apps. We are not even complaining about the limited API Apps compared to other products available at relatively lower prices. Not all companies can afford to keep their workers online all the time. You should know that at Asana by now. Don’t spoil a good opportunity by simply being satisfied with where you are now.

2 Likes

Asana whats going on? Much smaller companies have built windows desktop apps. There is a clear demand for it and are losing business because of it. If you are working on it should provide updates here so people know.

2 Likes

+1 for desktop app (for mac)

1 Like

Thanks so much - better than nothing :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s a huge need. Task management is one of the most essential stuff for daily workers, and they want to access to it directly ‘without using web browser’ and not have to login again after removing cache which happens pretty often for web developers. Why not just wrap the react website up with electron and publish? It’s really worth trying. That’s how slack and other apps develop desktop apps without much effort. Who would use slack if they could use it only via browsers. It’s similar for task management too.

3 Likes

+1 - would definitely be useful for my team.

+1 - would also be very useful for my team.

Hi fellow Asana users, I’ve found a very viable solution, the new Microsoft Edge got released lately and you can go and update yours from the official website. It has the ability to install a Webpage as an APP! Yes, you can even pin it to your taskbar normally like any other application you got on your Windows. and boom here you got the solution except for using it offline. Enjoy!

Check out the new Microsoft Edge, it can do that in a much easier way. Thanks for sharing!