Description field does not update while holding down backspace

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:

• While deleting text in a description field by holding down backspace, the UI does not update until you depress backspace and wait several seconds. May be worse with larger projects (having more tasks). When I created a blank project to do a screen recording the issue was not as bad, but still occurred intermittently.

Steps to reproduce:

• Enter text in a task description field
  • place cursor at end of text
  • hold backspace down
  • release the backspace key
  • wait 2-3 seconds for UI to update

Browser version:

• Google Chrome is up to date, Version 80.0.3987.149 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Upload screenshots below:

Thank you for reaching out in the Forum @Nick_Morrill and sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue.

I have tested on my end and I wasn’t able to reproduce what you are explaining here. But in order to better understand what might be happening would you mind testing the following steps and let me know what the results are?

1. Can you please clear your cache and cookies and test it again?
  2. Can you please try to log into your Asana account from a different browser and let me know if you’re still experiencing this issue?
  3. Could you also test this while using an Incognito window and let me know the results?

Thank you Nick! Looking forward to your reply!

I am experiencing the issue in the same way in an incognito window as well as after clearing all site data (cache and cookies).

I opened the same project in ms edge and the issue did not occur the same way. While holding backspace it would very slowly delete 1 or 2 characters at a time. There was significant delay between each delete operation (maybe 0.5 seconds).

It may be helpful for debugging purposes to know that if I hold delete (in chrome), nothing happens until I release the key and then one large delete occurs (as described previously), but if I then hit ctrl+z (undo), it adds back the text in chunks of about 7-10 characters. So it appears that the delete is not actually occurring as a single delete, there is just something UI related that makes it appear this way?