Deprecating Support for Internet Explorer (IE11) Notification?

Dear Asana (and Users),

My boss received the following text in an email supposedly from Asana Outreach (outreach@asana.com), but I never got it and I’m the main administrator. Also, I do not see any discussion or announcement from Asana in the Community Forum about this. Is the following legit or not?

Text of the email:

I hope you’re well!

I noticed a few folks at your company are using Asana with Internet Explorer 11.

Asana will be deprecating support for IE11 in the near future. In the next few weeks we will post a top-bar message in Asana letting folks know that IE11 will be deprecated on April 1, 2020.

While people will still be able to visit Asana on IE11, we’ll no longer be optimizing the experience our customers have and IE11 users may experience hiccups with scrolling or sticky web pages.

If you’re looking for alternative web browsers, I recommend Google Chrome.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Best,
Asana

Here is an email reply I received from Asana Support Team about this issue:

Thanks a lot for reaching out. I am Alexia from the Asana Support Team.

*Yes, this email is coming from us and is legit. *

I am sorry you didn’t receive this email, I can see that you are Admin and therefore, you should have received it. Have you checked your spam folder by any chance?

This has not been announced in the Forum yet, since we wanted first to contact our Customers personally. My apologies for any confusion or doubt here.

If you have any questions, or if there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

In the meantime, I wish you a nice day!

Kind regards,

Alexia

[My response to their email was that I did check my spam folder and did not find any emails from Asana there.]

Hi @Steven_Louie and apologies for the delay in responding to you here! As you’ve heard, starting April 1st, we will not support Internet Explorer. We’ve made this decision to continue deliver fast new features while making sure Asana remains totally secure. We recommend using on of these alternative browsers as soon as possible, and if you have any question in the meantime, feel free to reach out, we will be more than happy to help!

Thanks for your confirmation!

1 Like