Dependencies not blocked on mobile

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
I setup a task with 12 subtasks that need to be done in order. I setup dependencies for all of them that “lock” them from being done non-sequentially. On the android app however a guest in my project can check off any of them in any order. It shows they are dependent on prior ones but isn’t enforcing.

Steps to reproduce:

Create a task with a few subtasks. Add dependencies so subtask 1 must be done before 2, 2 before 3 and 3 before the main task can be checked off. Now go to mobile.

Browser version:
Chrome on Android

Hi @Casey_Stewart, welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:t2:

Thanks for reaching out! I can confirm that this feature is currently working as expected for mobile. While a blocking icon does appear on the desktop version of Asana, you can still proceed to complete these dependent tasks by clicking Mark complete and then Mark complete again on the pop-up that notifies you this task is currently being blocked.

This pop-up however, is not available on mobile at this time. Hopefully this is something our Product team can introduce for mobile dependencies in the future! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh. That feature… isn’t very useful then since most work is done via mobile. Wish I hadn’t sold the client so much on how great it was you couldn’t proceed. That really should be viewed as a bug given that functionality varies so strongly between mobile and desktop.