Dependencies disappearing from recurring tasks

I am not sure if this is the intended function of using dependencies on recurring tasks or if it is just a bug.

So, I have noticed that when a recurring task with dependencies to another recurring task is marked complete. The dependence gets removed from the new recurring tasks. My team relies heavily on the dependence feature and notifications of when to complete the next task.

Here is what’s happening:

• Task A is dependent on Task B and both tasks recurring every 2 weeks on Wednesday.
  • Task A gets completed, then notifies Task B to be completed. And, updates to the next 2 weeks date.
  • Task B gets completed, then updates to the next 2 weeks date.
  • Both new tasks no longer show that they are dependent on one another.
  • Both staff members have no idea the dependencies isn’t showing until it is too late.

Is there a fix for this or a workaround?

The weird part is the above works fine if only one of the task is recurring and not both of the tasks.

HI @Ufuoma, and thanks for reaching out!

I’m pretty sure this is an expected behaviour, but I’m double checking with the team to make sure this is the case. I’ll make sure to keep you posted here as soon as I have an update!

In the meantime, I’d recommend checking out our custom fields notification feature, it could be n interestinf alternative to organise your worklflow.

I got confirmation this is an expected behavior @Ufuoma_Ogaga, and I just realized we have an existing thread on this topic in our #productfeedback category, you can find it here. Make sure to add your vote to this thread and I’ll make sure to keep you posted there as soon as I have an update!

1 Like