Default comments or saved comments to use frequently

At our company we have to tag the “same people” with the “same comment” multiple times at different stages in a project. Instead of retyping the same comment/message every time, is there a way to have a saved comment or reply somewhere to use when needed?

I have it save in my note at the moment, but would like to have it in Asana or linked to a short cut if possible please?

Thanks

Hi @Werner_Els

You could define the stages (where comments need to be added) through custom fields and then use rules to add the specific comments whenever the stage chenges. I hope this helps and is suitable for your process.

Cheers
Daniel

1 Like

Hi Daniel,

Thank you so much for your reply.

I unfortunately have no idea what you are referring to? :sweat_smile:

define the stages?
custom fields?

use rules?

“More” help would be appreciated, thanks.

Hi @Werner_Els

No worries :slightly_smiling_face:

Here we go. I try to be more specific:

Project Setup
Let’s assume the different stages of your project are:

1. «ready for development»
  2. «in progress»
  3. «ready to test»

And let’s assume the following:

When the task changes from stage 1 to 2 you always want to add the following comment:
«Hi Werner. We start working on this task.»

When the task changes from stage 2 to 3 you always want to add the following comment:
«Hi Werner. Please test this task.»

Custom Fields
You could create a custom field with the specific values of the different stages of your project (ready for development / in progress / ready to test). Let’s assume you call this custom field «Project Status»

Whenever the stage of the task changes, you (or your team-members) change the value of the custom field «Project Status».

:point_right: find all details about custom fields here: Custom Fields • Asana

Rules
Within the project you could now setup the following rules:

1. When the custom field «Project Status» is changed to «in progress», then add the following comment to the task: «Hi Werner. We start working on this task.»

2. When the custom field «Project Status» is changed to «ready to test», then add the following comment to the task: «Hi Werner. Please test this task.»

:point_right: find all details about rules here: Rules • Asana

Additional structure within project
Additionally you could create a section per stage with the same name as the stages (ready for development / in progress / ready to test) and add the following additional rules:

1. When the custom field «Project Status» is changed to «ready for development» then move the task to the section «ready for development».

2. When the custom field «Project Status» is changed to «in progress» then move the task to the section «in progress».

3. When the custom field «Project Status» is changed to «ready to test» then move the task to the section «ready to test».

:point_right: find details about sections here: Create & add sections in Asana | Product guide • Asana

I hope this helps and that I understood your question/challenge correctly. Otherwise please let me know.

Please note that custom fields and rules are both premium features.

Cheers
Daniel

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.