Default assignee

+1.

How many +1’s are required before this is implemented?.. Kirsten summed up my thoughts entirely.

Agreed. +1 for this feature request.

The lack of this feature is what’s holding me back from diving in deeper with Asana at our university. I wish they would implement this as it would be great for faculty task organizing. That they seem indifferent to the community on this makes it hard for me to recommend the app here. Disappointing.

+1 for this feature. I was searching on Google to see if this feature existed, or if it was requested. I’m surprised that after over a year of this threads existence, it’s still not a function of Asana. I was more surprised that the previous comment on this thread was just 3 days ago.

Although a current workaround is to press Tab+M when you are typing a task, or have a task open, it’s just extra work that users of Asana shouldn’t be doing if it’s a default setting that can be set account-wide or even project-wide.

As others have probably mentioned in this thread, some use Asana just for themselves. Some have projects and/or teams where it’s literally just themselves, where every task is for them by default already. I feel that this is a key feature that’s currently missing on Asana.

1+ how many will it take?

+1 for defaulting to myself and today when creating a new task. I would really help it using this on a mobile!

+1 vote :slightly_smiling_face:

+1 Would be great to have.

1 Like

+1 plzkthx!!!

How come this feature is yet to be implemented. It is a basic functionality that is simple to implement and will save a lot of unnecessary headache. The fact that you haven’t done it already is mind blowing.

1 Like

Please add the option to set a default assignee for tasks (all tasks within a project, all tasks within user’s Asana)!

I turned to Asana to manage personal projects after using it at my old work. Would love a way on mobile to auto assign myself to a task as well.

+1 please take more into account individual/freelance users … ive just got the app and love it but it just destroys the point of having a my tasks window if you have to click 2 or 3 extra buttons to actually use it

+1, jesus it’s a simple request!

1 Like

Also, you can’t multi-select tasks in Board view, so that workaround is inaccessible.

1 Like

100% agree. Maybe if it could be a per-project, or per-team, or per-user setting?

TBH I often use “Projects” just to create some logical groupings for my to do stuff - they’re not always cross functional multi stakeholder projects.

Adding my request to those above. I’ve used Asana for all of two days and already become frustrated by having to manually assign each task to myself. Began searching for a way to automatically assign tasks and am shocked there is no current option. Such an obviously irritating process for those mostly adding tasks in projects for themselves. Please add option for auto-assign!

2 Likes

Except that it doesn’t work for subtasks!

+1. Asana, it’s really annoying having to assign personal tasks manually to myself all the time. Please give individual users the ability to set default assign by project of by workspace!!

+1. As a one person company, having to manually set myself for each is not productive. Creating in My Tasks isn’t helpful either since I need to create item in all my client projects to see other items to know what to create and jump around constantly between projects as others have noted above. I understand the common use case is large teams and thus not asking to change the default for everyone. Simply a setting one can enable or if there is only one person in the company then default all new items to that person until an additional person is added.

4 Likes