Dealing with comments on project templates

Hi, all – my boss sent me this as a feature request to pass along in March, but it’s a bit stale and thought I’d come here to get some feedback on how to achieve his desired outcome. What’re your thoughts?

The request:
When I’m making a template, I either need to be able to turn off comments or need to be able to delete them (or need to be able to hide the template from others all together…while still allowing them to select it when creating a new project…maybe I can already do this…hmmmmmm). If someone comments on a template project task and I don’t want [the comment] to appear, I have to re-create the task and reset due date, owner, sub-tasks, description, etc.

Input appreciated :slight_smile:

This is a current issue with the fact that a template is a regular project and people can interact with it. My advice would be to store the template inside a dedicated team with a clear name + make the project name also clear like “bla bla [TEMPLATE]”.

@Marie are you able to create a project from a template that you do not see for privacy reason? If you store the template project inside a private team, is it still available to everyone? I seriously doubt it…

Hi @Bastien_Siebman,

No, you won’t be able to create a project from a template you don’t have access to!

@Eston_Melton, I would recommend creating a new #productfeedback thread to allow you and other users to vote for this feature to be implemented. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you and @Bastien_Siebman for the quick responses.

1 Like