Dates and Time no longer appear on printed tasks

Hi - When we used to print tasks from Asana, the date and time on the comments used to print. The date and time of the task no longer prints. Can anyone please help with this issue? Regards, GK

Hi @Gabrijel_Kapiteli and welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you’re running into trouble; is this happening when you’re trying to print one specific task? Are you having the same problem when trying to log in with a different browser?

Looking forward to your reply!

Hi Marie,

Thanks for your reply.

Correct. Only when printing one specific task.

I use Chrome and unfortunately its not working…. I have also tried Internet Explorer; this has failed too.

Please note, the date and time used to appear about 3 months ago when printing the specific task… since it has stopped. I also have other colleagues (different email address) where they are experiencing the same thing.

Look forward to your reply.

Gabrijel.

Thanks for the quick follow-up @Gabrijel_Kapiteli,

I am using Chrome too but can’t seem to be able to reproduce the issue on my end (See screenshot below) :sweat_smile:

Could you send me a screenshot of what you see in your printing preview?

Hi Maria,

Hope you are well.

Was wondering if you had an opportunity to review the below as yet?

Regards,

GK

Hi @Gabrijel_Kapiteli and thanks for the follow-up!

We seem to be unable to reproduce the issue you’re describing :sweat_smile: Could you please send me a screenshot if what you see in your printing preview?

Sincere apologies for the trouble and thank you so much for your help!

Hi Marie,

Thanks for your reply. See screenshots below.

Many thanks,

Gabrijel

Thanks for the quick reply @Gabrijel_Kapiteli! I’ve escalated your report to our Development Team and I’ll be in touch as soon as I have an update!

Hi Marie,

Hope you are well.

Have you had a chance to sort out the issue with the dates as yet?

Regards,

GK

Thanks for the follow-up @Gabrijel_Kapiteli.

I don’t have any update at the moment, but I’ll make sure to keep you posted as soon as I do! Sincere apologies for the trouble!

Hi Marie,

Happy New Year!

Have there been any developments as yet?

Regards,

Gabrijel

When printing tasks, it does not include dates in the narrative, which is a problem.

1 Like

Checking with the team @Gabrijel_Kapiteli!

He @Gabrijel_Kapiteli,

Our Team is looking into this at the moment. It appears that the “dates” you’re seeing in your second screenshot (see below) belong to the task history (Activity Feed) and are not due dates. The due date of your task is in the top right corner of your screen (due December 1st).

I’m moving this thread out of the Bug category as I don’t believe this is a bug, but I’m happy to pursue the discussion in #productfeedback :slight_smile:

I have exactly the same problem. When I print a specific task, Date and time of activity feed (comments) are missing (see screen-shot below).
individual%20task%20printed%20from%20asana-comments%20without%20dates%20before
This is very frustrating… because our superior ask us constant updates on print sheets.
This led me to require people to insert dates MANUALLY before any update comment they make (see screen-shot below) - they hate me for that. :frowning_face:
tempsnip
I tried a workaround with asana2go, but they do not have this feature either.
This cannot be difficult to modify this, I hope there are no other hidden reasons for this design choice.

Hi Marie,

Hope all is well.

Any updates?

Regards,

Gabrijel

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you!

Looks like this issue is slightly more complicated than we first thought. Our Team is working on upgrading this feature to increase performance and to let us iterate and fix bugs more quickly. In order to get there as soon as possible, they have decided to first concentrate on upgrading this feature; fixing this bug should then become a lot easier.

We’re aware of the inconvenience for you and your team and apologize in advance for any inconvenience caused. On my end, I’ll make sure to keep you posted as soon as I have an update on our progress!

1 Like

Hi Marie, Any updates on this issue… Been almost a year now. Would be great to finally have this resolved. Regards, GK

Hi @Gabrijel_Kapiteli, we don’t have a timeframe to share yet, but I can assure you that our Team is working hard on upgrading this feature so that the bug can be fixed. I’m really sorry for the delay, I can certainly understand how this issue is inconvenient for you and your team. As soon as we have an update we’ll be sure to let you know.

We appreciate your understanding!