Date formats for non americans

Hello,
I’m an European user and, as such, I’d like to be able to enter dates in the common (for non-americans) DD/MM/YYYY format. The Asana web app does not respect my Windows settings (which are configured to DD/MM/YYYY).

Is there an option to do so? Is it possible to add it, or to respect the user’s preferences?

Hey @Andrea_Bergia

You’re correct, there is no way for us to alter the format of dates within Asana at the moment, though you’ve posted your request in the right place for our developers to look at :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Any update on the timeframe for implementing this?

How is it possible that such a simple option is taking so long to be implemented?

3 Likes

The only standard format is YYYY-MM-DD (ISO 8601).

If I copy-paste that format into Asana, it misinterprets it.

I really don’t understand how something as obvious as date format is not available to a product which is being marketed internationally.

Yes please. How on earth does it make sense to put the month first? If someone asks you the day today, you don’t say “January”.

Is the date format issue fixed or are we all still locked into the US date format
of MM DD YYYY?

I hadn’t realised this was an issue until I moved a significant part of my customer management onto asana and it all fell apart!

My work around was to push the activity through Zapier and then use Zapier’s own formatter (https://zapier.com/apps/asana/integrations/formatter) to flip from our date format DD/MM/YYYY to the only one asana knows MM/DD/YYYY.

I hope that helps!?

Hi, It’s now June 2019 that nearly 1 and a half years from the initial request. I would argue that this has moved beyond a simple request to “why are you ignoring your customers”?

2 Likes

Please enable the option for other date formats!

Also another international user here who wants the date format changed

1 Like

Another user who wants the date format change.

+1 on date format please. I can’t see why ASANA can’t represent dates as per the regional settings. Most other web sites seem to be able to cope with this.