DATE - Custom Field Type

This is something that can really help with a lot of workflows worldwide :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Adding to the chorus of people requesting this feature.

Example use case: my team works on several iterative tasks. Itā€™s important for us to be able to establish 1) a final due date, and 2) date for next update/status check.

This could be done with subtasks but, frankly, that workflow creates an enormous number of extra subtasks which complicate other functionality (like finding/setting dependencies).

1 Like

Would also like this, we track two dates, task completion date and release date would like to see this on the main, default view for the project.

2 Likes

Super surprised to see that custom date fields arenā€™t already available. Wish I could vote for this feature 1000 times!

3 Likes

Wow. Itā€™s hard to believe that this still hasnā€™t been implemented. Such an important and helpful feature and with SO many people asking about it, how has this not been prioritized yet? Iā€™m definitely upvoting this as our company needs it as well, but also Iā€™m disappointed that Asana hasnā€™t prioritized customer feedback like this. Kind of disconcerting.

3 Likes

YES!!!

WHAT IS GOING ON???

Seriously this is horrible!

Give us an update. WE NEED A DATE PICKER AS A CUSTOM FIELD

1 Like

Hi @Motor, this is on our plans and we hope to have news in the next couple of months! I recommend you to follow our announcements category to be notified as soon as we announce new features :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Huge vote for this as well, a major downside if this isnā€™t available!

2 Likes

I just signed up for the paid trial, explicitly because I need date custom fieldsā€¦ and could not believe this isnā€™t possible. :frowning:
Iā€™ll vote, but I see this has been asked for since 2017ā€¦ Iā€™ll cancel before the trial expires.

1 Like

It seems crazy that a project management system wonā€™t allow the addition of date fields. Tracking dates is fundamental to project management and keeping things on time and moving forward. The fact that it has been requested by users since 2017 should show that. Itā€™s unbelievable that it is still isnā€™t unavailable.

3 Likes

Agree! Multiple dates are needed for a variety of project reasons. My primary use case currently is I need to track a due date for marketing plans to promote an event on a specific date. I want both due date and event date to be fields I can use.

2 Likes

When is there going to be greater flexibility around date fields?.. We use two different dates for tracking task progression. Due date is not helpful for either. Thanks.

1 Like

What is the hold up on this? It is such a fundamental feature and Iā€™m limping along with bandaids until this is added. How many customers have you lost over the years because you canā€™t add a simple date field?

1 Like

Much needed field type. ā€œQA due Dateā€ for example is a field that would really help us.

Also, one should be able to see those fields in the Timeline tab for tracking

1 Like

Another vote for this essential feature. Not a day goes by that I donā€™t wish that this feature existed.

2 Likes

Agree with many of the users above. Itā€™s ridiculous that we donā€™t have this capability

i want timeline with custom estimates with hours

Asana,

1. Is this on your roadmap? Yes or No?
  2. Have you scheduled it? Especially since itā€™s been requested for the past 3+ years.
  3. If it has been scheduled, when can we expect it?

Generally speaking, greater insight in your plans and added transparency with your customers would be great.

Thanks

8 Likes

This is a basic feature to offer in any such product (task management tool). I can not comprehend the reason specified by the product team for their inability to give us a custom date/timeline field. Just provide the feature and create awareness for the users that extensive usage of this type of field can slow down the performance of their application, but let users start using this type. This way, you can track the different use-cases that users are using this data type and you can optimize your engine on the backend effectively.

2 Likes