Customization of Update Status/Icons

Ah okay I see
Makes sense :slight_smile:

@anon997558,

Had you already ruled out using a custom chart either via a projectā€™s Dashboard or via Universal Reporting? You could then click on the chart to be taken automatically to an advanced search result of the data underlying the part of the chart you clicked.

Hope that might help,

Larry

2 Likes

It 's been four years and this feature seems easy to implement (if not, would be great to receive context) and provides more granularity for end users w.r.t. to different projects.

Whatā€™s the status of this feature request? Are there plans to implement this feature request by EOY?

5 Likes

Hi There,

is there any updates on this? I would like to customize the status names.

At risk is a tad dramatic and would be beneficial if we could change it to something else.

Another vote for the ability to customise- or at least change ā€œAt Riskā€ to something less dramatic like ā€œAttention Neededā€

Any update on this? Would be great to be able to customize it!

Any updates here? I have used these 4 verbs to describe projects that have not completed yet: Active, Snagged, On Hold, Cancelled. It would be nice to allow an editable ā€˜Project Statusā€™ field to accommodate more appropriate project status/condition. I would like to have a small notes field to add commentary to any change of Project Status, to understand why someone made that change.

Hi Iā€™d like more than the current four project status entries available to use. Is there an area where I can add more? Iā€™d like, to add ā€œNewā€ or ā€œComing Soonā€ particularly so we can see whats coming down the pipeline.

Thank you. Leonard.

Welcome, @Leonard_Rogan,

Others have requested the same thing so Iā€™ve merged your post into an existing thread and you should click the title to jump to the top where youā€™ll find a purple Vote button and you can vote there.

Thanks,

Larry

Thanks Larry.

1 Like

Agreed. Weā€™re new to Asana and thatā€™s the first thing I thought needed expanding upon. Far too narrow at a glance. Iā€™ve listed the request below as well. 07.07.2023.

Hello-

Could we please add a feature that allows admins and/or users to customize the ā€œProject Statusā€ labels?

Currently, Asana only allows you to label a project status as the default labels: On track, Off track, At risk, On hold, Completed. See below.

However, our industry doesnā€™t fit into these neat labels and we would prefer to change the names of these labels so they are more accurate representations of project tracking within our industry. The current version of Project Status is very is not a feature our company uses almost at all. If we could change the names of these labels and/or add additional ones ourselves, that would make this feature along with all the other ones associated with it much more relevant to our company.

Welcome to the Asana Community Forum @Michael_Nowicki!
I have merged your post into an existing feedback request thread. The vote was moved as well.

Why hasnā€™t this change been made? There are a lot of people requesting custom status updates, going back a few years. Is it that it canā€™t be done?