Custom reports with a "next X days" filter for due dates used to show overdue tasks as well (until last week). *Please* bring it back.

@Marie We depend on this feature working as is. We have a saved report that we have the link saved and slack reminds us at 8am every day to review the due/overdue task report.

I appreciate the scenario that made this behavior a “bug”. I believe a more appropriate solution would be an additional checkbox on the selection options to include overdue tasks (or not). win-win.

The proposed solution that you shared, breaks our process and forces the team into a multi-step manual remediation scenario, where each individual could get a different report result when compared to the prior existing solution.

1 Like

I completely agree with this bring it back!! My team doesn’t manage from the “my task” list as it is cumbersome to manage with the amount of tasks we have flowing in and out of our list daily.

We have TONS of projects for our team members and team member regularly have 30-50 tasks due THIS week but they could have upwards of 200 or 300 assigned to them with future dates.

We were managing task via a report showing all tasks due in the next 7 days but it also included over due tasks (since over due tasks are still due as well). This way they could see all the items that are current with the ability to sort by whatever field needed without bringing in items due 2 months from now.

By losing this feature the overdue tasks are being completely forgotten and missed. It is a very big loss to the asana product to remove this feature.

1 Like

Hi all and thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback, we really appreciate it.

After careful considerations, we have decided to revert this update until we can find a better way to accommodate folks wanting to see over due task in this report and folks who don’t. Apologies for the inconvenience caused over the last couple of days and thank you so much for taking part in this conversation, we appreciate it.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 3 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to quickly let you know we just launched some improvements that will fix “within the next” results in Advanced Search.

Previously, when you selected “Within next” in Advanced Search, your results included tasks within the dates selected and also any previous due dates. This was misleading to customers who expected ‘within next’ to include only dates from today forward.

To avoid any confusion and workflow issues we’ve seen in previous fixes, we are adding a new filter called “ through the nextwhich includes past due dates. All existing saved searches that use “within the next” will be migrated to this option, which more closely reflects the actual behavior.

From here forward, all new searches you create using “ within the next ” will not include past due dates, but only dates from today forward.

Screenshot 2021-08-16 at 13.44.27

Let me know if you have any questions.

1 Like

@Emily_Roman - thank you SO much! This was a FANTASTIC update and helps service BOTH use cases. As always, please pass my gratitude to the team!

1 Like

@Emily_Roman - One little note, I’m wondering if in the future, different, more thorough language might be considered. “Through the next (including overdue)” to clarify. I had a client on Friday get confused about this. But, not a huge issue. Just a little initial feedback.

Thanks for everything! :tada:

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback @Bryan_TeamKickstart! :slight_smile: I’ll make sure to pass it to the team.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 4 days. New replies are no longer allowed.