Custom hex colors

OMG please more colors!!! I am in agreement with all of the folks above.

1 Like

+1 for custom hex colours. I’d like the colour of my project to match the colour of my client’s.

3 Likes

Another vote for more colors-- I’d love just a color picker or hex option. Or even a Mighty like interface where you click a link for https://flatuicolors.com/ to grab a hex to use.

Another Vote!!! Is this happening???

And please Asana, yes more colors!!! The current ones cannot be used in a nice PowerPoint presentation :frowning:

1 Like

I actually tweaked it with Stylebot Chrome extension

Feel free to copy/paste the code

div.TaskCell-nameAndSubtasksContainer {

background: rgba(255,255,255,0);

}

div.TimelineTimeAxisIntervalLabel--month.TimelineTimeAxisIntervalLabel {
  font-size: 14px;
  font-weight: 700;
  font-style: normal;
}

button.TimelineGroupHeader-nameButton {
  font-family: Calibri;
  font-size: 16px;
}

div.TimelineTimeAxis-groupLabel {
  font-size: 18px;
  color: #000000;
  padding-bottom: 15px;
}

div.SkinnyTimelineItem {
    max-width: 300px;
  word-wrap: break-word ;

}

div.SkinnyTimelineTask-title.SkinnyTimelineTask-title--isMilestone {
  font-size: 16px;

}

div.SkinnyTimelineTask-title {

}

div.TaskCell.TaskCell {
  opacity: 1;

}

div.TaskCell-name {
}

span.CountWithIcon.CountWithIcon--grayscale.SubtaskCount{
}

svg.MiniIcon.undefined.CountWithIcon-icon.CountWithIcon-icon--leftCount.CountWithIcon-icon--xxsSpacing.SubtaskMiniIcon {

fill: rgb(0, 0, 0);
}

div.TaskTimelineDateIndicators-milestoneDueDateStripe {
    opacity: 0;
}

div.TaskCell--colorBlue {

background: #7eacf0a4;

}

div.TaskCell--colorAqua {

background: #84dcffa4;

}

div.TaskCell--colorYellow {

background: #f1ef4580;

}

div.TaskCell--colorIndigo {

background: rgba(147, 128, 250, 0.643);

}

div.TaskCell--colorOrange {

background: #f5bb8ca4;

}

div.TaskCell--colorYellowOrange {

background: #fade90a4;

}

div.TaskCell--colorMagenta {

background: #fa67ee88;

}

div.TaskCell--colorYellowGreen {

background: #a4da8b7c;

}

div.TaskCell--colorBlueGreen {

background: #62cace85;

}

div.TaskCell--colorGreen {

background: #69daa17e;

}

div.TaskCell--colorPurple {
  opacity: 0.2;
     background: #b973fa8f;

}

div.TaskCell--colorCoolGray {

background: #c5c5c5a4;

}

div.TaskCell--colorRed {
     background: #ff858581;

}

div.TaskCell--colorPink {
     background: #e299cc8a;
}

div.TaskCell--colorHotPink {
     background: #ff71e08a;
}

/* Section Width */
div.TaskTimelineGroupSidebar.TaskTimelineGroupSidebar--timelineRenovation {
   width: 350px;
}

/* Section Width */
div.TimelineGroupHeader.TimelineGroupHeader--draggable {
    width: 350px;
}
1 Like

please please please, this has to happen :pensive: it’s becoming chaotic to organize so many projects with 16 colors

3 Likes

+1 this would be wonderful. On top of being able to change colors based on clients and various projects… right now there is no “true” red color and it would be awesome to have instead of “pink”. Thanks Asana!

2 Likes

Custom hex for large projects!
And more differentiation between weekdays and weekends.

1 Like

This is even more of a priority now, with your recent update to colours. I haven’t seen one positive comment about new colours, yet there is no response from Asana. Clickup is cheaper, you can embed videos and pictures in the post. We haven’t switched because of Asana’s interface. At this point, if you don’t let us decide what this interface should look like, we are going to go.

5 Likes

This just moved to the top of my wish list given the rollout of the new colors. The lack of contrast in the new palette negatively impacts usability for our organization. Custom hex colors would fix this problem.

4 Likes

The new colors are terrible, if you are so arrogant as to not listen to the wave of customer/user feedback and reverse your bad “enhancement” then this seems to e the only solution, but what is the timeline for custom colors to be a feature we can use??

4 Likes

First of all, It’s upsetting to hear that Asana is not rolling back from the new sleepy/dull/muddy/horrible colors to the previous lively colors and colors that had a purpose.

Since you leave us with no choice, the custom hex color options would be beneficial to have complete control of the colors that our team can use and not Asana. We would be okay with having multiple theme options as well. The community has been loud and clear. Give us options!!!

This thread started over four years ago. We need a solution for this ASAP; we can not wait another year or four years. This latest change has dramatically impacted our team’s experience with Asana, and we already see a drop in engagement.

Please make this a priority.

7 Likes

Second what most recent commenters are saying. I thought my display had broken or something. I tried logging on and off from Asana a few times, and then assumed it was a temporary bug – but after a few days, when the colours were still muddy and dull, I googled it and realised this was a “deliberate” product decision? This instantly made all our Asana projects not only feel dull and faded but had a huge impact on tasks being “scannable” since we use a colour coded system for tasks based on their priority.

Since everything now looks like it has a dull grey overlay on it, it’s become much harder (and way less vibrant) to work in Asana. The only workaround we’ve found is to switch on “color-blind mode” to make Asana more bearable.

This was a terrible product and UX choice and the fact that Asana has stubbornly decided to not fix this mistake and listen to their users means the only option left is for us to be able to add our own custom colors to get Asana back to not being broken (and dull!).

This thread is 4+ years old though so what are the odds it will happen anytime soon??

6 Likes

I just can not get used to the washed out colours. I am struggling to see if some tasks are completed or its just the dull colour they are now. I don’t like the alternating text colour either.

After reading through a lot of the comments on the forums everyone seems to hate it and to either want to switch back or be able to select from either colour scheme.

Asana have said that they wont be offering a choice of colour scheme and that this is the colour pallet they have settled on after all of the research they have done as this is what the people want… however I have been apart of a few Asana surveys and don’t recall being asked to give any feed back on the colour scheme.

I am seriously contemplating moving over to the other big task management software software, but am dreading the huge work load to do so.

Asana can you please consider giving us an option of colour schemes?

6 Likes

Hi @Sarah_Simon, thanks for taking the time to provide this feedback. We hear you.

We do have an existing thread for this feature request in the #productfeedback category so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with the existing one to consolidate feedback.

I’ll keep you posted and let you know if I have any updates :slight_smile:

Yes I would agree that the new colors are awful. Even more awful in dark mode as we prefer to working in at our company.

We used monday dot com for a very long time before switching to asana. It was strictly the colors and the interface that made us switch. Now the vibrant colors in monday are looking great to us again.

Just use the RGB color codes and leave it alone asana. You can’t go wrong there.

Accept defeat and roll back. It’s easier to keep customers than it is to gain them!

4 Likes

My current pastel grayed-out colors do not work for me. I wish the previous colors (which are still active in my personal asana only, but not in my asana for work).
As the announcement topic is now closed New colors coming to Asana!
I just wish to provide my negative feedback on colors. Will be good if more choice is provided. If not custom colors, at least to choose between the previous and current color schemes.
Custom Hex colors would be great, but I do not believe most of the people will be able to set a proper color scheme, while if an admin sets a scheme for a whole company, it may lead to a very negative feedback for the whole product which to be out of control from Asana itself. Overall I do not think providing to clients fully custom control on colors is that simple and clever. It may be better to have a choice from a few pre-made themes instead. Like 2-3 classic themes for the Basic plan plus a few more for the paid plans.

4 Likes

The colors are now muted and dull, which is confusing in the calendar view since the colors fade when a task is completed. It’s tough to tell the difference between a regular task and a completed one now. All colors seem faded/complete. And they are more similar than they were before. The limited color options were already a disappointment, but at least they were vibrant before.
Screen Shot 2021-11-18 at 11.00.03 AM

I had the colors corresponding with different businesses/brands I work with, which are now all off and will need to be rearranged.

My work is already deeply embedded in Asana, so I can’t say this change will make me switch products, but not having the option to keep the colors I’ve worked with for 4 years is disappointing. It will take time to get used to and is making work organization an extra headache during a busy time of year. :confused:

4 Likes

I think it’s pretty customer-hostile to introduce a significant color palette change of this magnitude without any option to revert for those who don’t like it. I literally hate it. I have been using Asana for over 8 years, and this is the single worst ‘update’ I’ve ever seen.

I’ve been wondering for a few days why it looked so muted and dull and I couldn’t pick out the important ‘things’ by color anymore. Finally found the original thread that pretty heartlessly says “we aren’t going back, no matter what you say” to hundreds of customers. We pay a significant amount of money to use Asana for 40 people to collaborate. This is a disappointing step backwards that needs to be reviewed, and choice re-introduced for users.

5 Likes