Custom fields are not re-ordering

When I re-arrange my custom fields the view on my project list does not change.

Steps to reproduce:

• Enter the section Manage Custom Fields
  • Then re-arrange the fields in a different order
  • Then view changes in the project board

Browser version: Google Chrome, Version 71.0.3578.98

Upload screenshots below:

01%20pm

Hi @Belle1 :wave:t3: Thanks for reaching out and my apologies for the trouble here!

I’ve just tried to re-organise custom fields in my test project and changes I’ve made seems to apply on my task list view.

Could you please check if you’re having the same problem when logging from an incognito window?

Also, on the screenshot you shared, I can see the little “crossed eye” icon, which indicates that some custom fields are not visible on the task list; are you aware of this setting?

I look forward to your reply!

Hey Marie,

I have tried in incognito window and have the same issue. Video attached.

I can see that the little “crossed eye” icon are not showing up as visible. How can I adjust this? This may resolve the issue.

Thanks,

Belle

(Attachment bda5f3537fad4cd8bb0725092f4217a1.mp4 is missing)

Hey Marie,

I have tried in incognito window and have the same issue.

I can see that the little “crossed eye” icon are not showing up as visible. How can I adjust this? This may resolve the issue.

Thanks,

Thanks for the quick follow-up @Belle1!

To manage your custom fields visibility, simply refer to the “Hide column in Task list” section of this article: How to Create and Use Custom Fields in Asana | Product Guide • Asana Product Guide

Could you share the screencast again? So sorry but I don’t think it has attached with your previous reply!

Thanks for your help! :slight_smile:

Thanks. I will check out the link supplied.

Here is the video

(Attachment bda5f3537fad4cd8bb0725092f4217a1.mp4 is missing)

Thanks @Belle1, unfortunately, it’s not possible to attach a video on the Forum, all I’m seeing on my end is: (Attachment bda5f3537fad4cd8bb0725092f4217a1.mp4 is missing)

Could you share a link to the screencast?

Alternatively, can you forward the screencast to our support team and reference the link of this conversation so you don’t have to re-explain everything?

Many thanks!

Hey Marie, seems the hide/show customised field setting was the issue. Thanks for your help.

1 Like

Great news, thanks for keeping me posted @Belle1 !