Hi @Patrick_Ball and thanks for reaching out!
Sounds like there might be an issue with how your CSV is set up!
Regarding your start date, can you confirm:
- that you’re using the correct format (month/day/year)
- you’ve created a specific category for start dates? (The name of your Section should be perfectly matching your field in Asana, otherwise, it will automatically generate a new field.
Regarding existing custom field: Does the project already exist in Asana? If so make sure your existing custom fields are already added to your Project and make sure that the field in your CSV matches them. You can learn more about how to set up your CSV file in this handy article: https://asana.com/guide/help/api/csv-importer
If this doesn’t resolve your issue, I would recommend reaching out directly to our support team with the info I listed below, so they can take a look into this specific case and advise you how to work it out!
- The URL of your project in Asana
- Screenshots of what you’re seeing when you try to import your CSV
- Your CSV file (to help us reproduce the issue)
Hope this helps!