Feature request: CSV import via asana api

Hello all,

I would like to know if it is possible to import a csv file completely (sections, tasks, subtasks, …) into asana via api (maybe even with custom fields)?

Hi,

Did you check the API doc?

Take care

Yes, but I have not found anything suitable to import the csv file via API. Do you have a tip or have I overlooked something?

I believe this is indeed not possible with the API.

1 Like

Is it possible to integrate the function?

@Marie should API request go into the Product feedback category? Thanks

@Bastien_Siebman, I think it’s best to keep it in the Developers & API category as our API/Dev team is closely watching it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello together,

I would like to know what is the current status here and if the function will be implemented and if so, when?

Thank you very much!

Best regards
Björn

Hi @Bjorn_Seaton,

There is still not currently an API-based import function.

Asana doesn’t comment on unreleased features or future plans, so we can’t know if or when this might be developed.

I wonder if you might be able to accomplish this via a third-party tool like Zapier or Make? Just a thought…

1 Like

Hi @Bastien_Siebman, do you know if there is any update on this function? I’m looking for a way to import a CSV to an asana project using the python api

I believe nothing was announced. Did you consider writing a little script in Python to call the API yourself? possibly using the batch API?