Creating Tasks for days of week with assignments, auto dates and alerts.

Ok, Here is what I am trying to do:
Create a project template for each day of the week.
EX:
Monday

• Load 8am schedule (this would be due by 9am)
    *Do QA on 8am schedule (this would be do by 915am)
    *Load Employee File (due 12pm)

Tuesday
*Load 8am schedule (due by 9a)
*QA 8am schedule (due 915a)
*Run weekly report (due by 2p)

etc etc. so each day has a different list of things that need to get done, BUT every Monday is the same. Every Tuesday is the same, etc etc.

What I want to do is be able to create a template that has the following features:

1. Set of tasks related to that day with a “completed by time goal” - this would not be date specific, just day specific. so I could add it on this Monday or next Monday and it would know by 9am THAT DAY to get something done as an example.
  2. Set the owner of those tasks, as they are the same and could be part of the template
  3. Create an alert system that let the team know that certain items are not done by the timeline, alerting the “next in line” to jump in and help

Im fairly new to asana and have been digging around, but not found the right combination of these features just yet.

Hi,

I think you can have a week template as a project template, with pre-defined dates and assignees. The date shifting mechanism in templates will let you choose a new date for the new week and will shift everything for you.

Regarding 3 you’ll need Business and set rules to comment on an overdue task…

Let me know if that helps.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.