Creating Project from Template and filter tasks

Hi,

I have a template like a master template with all use cases tasks. Each task has custom fields for filtering purposes. For each new project creation, I would like to duplicate my master template and filter tasks by custom fields.

My use cases is like employee onboarding. My company has hirings in 30 countries. And each country employee onboarding tasks is different due to regulations. That is why I would like to filter by custom fields.

Example;
*Country and Department are custom fields for each task on my template.

MASTER TEMPLATE
Tasks Country* Department*
A US IT
B UK Sales
C Germany IT
D Sweeden IT
E US Sales
F UK Marketing
G US IT

Use case: I would like to create new project for following rules
IF Country ==“US” AND IF Department == “IT” create a project with only Task-A and Task-G respectively. I do not need other tasks.

How can I do that?

Best,
Dogancan

Hi,

You can’t do this with native features in Asana. The best workaround is to group tasks by countries and departments inside sections, and then when you create the project, remove the sections you don’t need…

Or have a template for each department, but store the country as a custom fields with all tasks mixed in, and in the new project filter by the right country and save as default.

Does it make sense?

2 Likes

Hi @Bastien_Siebman ,

Thanks for your reply.

Dou you know any add-on or app that can helpful for me?

What I described can be done with Asana natively.

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.