Creating Personalized Project Template

Hi Guys,

I have a very specific set of action that need to be inputted after an event.

In quick detail, Event A occurs and it triggers 4 tasks for Teammate X, 3 tasks for Teammate Y and 3 tasks for Teammate Z. Once complete, that event is followed by Event B and its spread, then C and so on. Currently, I will be inputting these actions in on my own, and we have about 50-65 cases that move in this succession a month, its going to be a time suck.

Is there a way to create my own project template that I can just auto-add reactions to these events like the Asana Templates?

So you would like certain tasks to « appear » when one task is completed?

Maybe you can have all tasks ready in advance and into each task description you would have a pointer towards the next task?

Hi Bastien

I’d like to create 3-4 of my own templates that have directives for multiple teammates pre populated.

E.g.

POST XYZ MEETING

Section: MADDY TASKS**
Task: SEND F/U & COMPLETE CHECK LIST
Task: FOLLOW FOR DOCS – SET DEADLINE FOR THIS AS 1 WEEK
Task: COMPLETE CASE PREP DRAFT FOR HD REVIEW – SET DEADLINE FOR 1 WEEK (IF
CLOSE MORE THAN 1 WEEK)

Section: JULIA TASKS**
    Task: QS ENTRY W/I 1 DAY (2 DAYS IF 10+ QS)
    Task: SET MEDICAL
    Task: DO PRE-APP
    Task: CREATE AND SEND APPS
    Task: ADD TO WHITE BOARD
    Task: FEEDLIST FOR DELIVERY

Section: HAYLEY TASKS**
    Task: COMPLETE INITIAL CASE PREP (DUE 4 DAYS OUT FROM CLOSE)
    Task: REVIEW DRAFT PPA / PX (MADDY TO SET DEADLINE)
    Task: DO CASE NOTES

The point is not to have to type out all these directives myself post-xyz meeting as they are consistent.

And you can’t use the Asana templates feature? :thinking: not sure I am getting your issue…

Hi @Julia_Mason, thank you very much for sending this information!

From what you describe, I’d recommend you to create Custom templates. They allow you to create template projects to copy for multiple existing workflows or processes you use all the time.

You can also convert an existing project into a template by following these steps:

1. Click on the arrow icon next to the project title.
  2. Select Convert to template

I hope this helps! If you would like to create something different please give me more details and I’d be happy to investigate further :wink: