Create Tasks from Task Templates on Mobile app

Would be great to have the ability to create new tasks based on a project’s template(s) while using the mobile app. Every task we create in a project is based on finely-tuned and iterated templates.

1 Like

Hi @Rubén_B, welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:t2:

While it’s not currently possible to create tasks from templates on mobile, hopefully this is something our Product team can introduce in the near future :crossed_fingers:t2: I’ll keep you posted and let you know if I have any updates :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Rebecca_McGrath Thanks for your reply! :v:t4:

1 Like

Being unable to create tasks from templates is very limiting for my use case too.

1 Like

Yes I create the majority of my projects when out in the field, so working on my mobile, and the inability to create projects from template is very frustrating. I have to then create a duplicate of the project from template when I get back to the office, and then transfer over all of the information etc. When will this feature be added please? Thank you

1 Like

@Rebecca_McGrath has this not yet been implemented?

This is very concerning. What is the use case for task templates if they cannot be used on all platforms? What do we tell our 100% mobile clients?

2 Likes

Is there any way when adding a task in the app to use a template that you have created??? It doesn’t give me the option to select a template.

Hi @Emily_Semiao, welcome to the Asana Community Forum! As it stands, Task Templates are not available in the mobile app. Hopefully this is something we will implement in future updates, thanks for your feedback! I’ll update this thread as soon as I have any news.

Thanks a ton for responding!!

1 Like