Create Section feature is missing from the iOS app

Thanks for clearing this up. I was just wondering if case of the missing colon is related to @Joe_Trollo’s post I glanced through a couple of days ago. I’ve tried the new Tab+N shortcut, it’s working, and I’m able to create sections now.

One question though: I tried colon in Asana’s iOS app (updated to the latest version earlier today), it seems like the colon for sections is gone in the mobile app as well. How do I create sections in the mobile app?

P/S: I didn’t manage to explore long enough on how to create sections in the app as the app suddenly said Network error - Request failed: bad request (400)

How to utilizate sections in ipad app
"Tab+N" our new shortcut to create Sections

Good point @Marshal_Yung I can’t seem to be able to create sections in iOS either! Let me file a bug with our Development Team and I’ll be in touch as soon as I have an update! Moving your post to a brand new thread to avoid any confusion with the rest of this conversation!

Hello! I was trying to train my team on how to use Asana. We are all brand new to it. However it seems like anyone using an iPad has quite a few issues. We noticed it when I was trying to train them on on how to add sections to their My Task area to try to make sense of that. They tried the Tab+N short cut. They tried to use a web browser but it forced them to re - download the app and use that. We also struggled to find where they change their email notification settings in the IOS app. This is really deterring them (one of them being the owner) and I am pretty desperate to keep my team on board with Asana. Any help is greatly appreciated! I tried to search for quite awhile and I am struggling to find solutions to these two issues.

Best way to train them is to create dummy account and let them find the way that they could be comfortable of using it, using : at the end of the task line will create section

Hi Hassan! I appreciate your help but that actually doesn’t work any longer on any format. The new shortcut is tab + n but that doesn’t work on iOS.

Hi @Christina_Argo and welcome to the Forum!

We’re aware that creating sections from the iOS app currently doesn’t work; this is due to the fact we’re transitioning Section creation from “:” to “TAB++N” on our web version. We expect to be able to re-introduce this feature in iOS in a couple of weeks, but in the meantime, I would recommend accessing Asana from a computer to create Sections. On my end, I’ll make sure to keep you posted as soon as the issue is resolved.

Sincere apologies for the trouble and thank you so much for your patience during this transition!