Create Milestone Rules

I keep looking but don’t think there is a way to set a rule to set a task as a milestone when it’s in a project, or a custom field is changed. For reporting, this would be incredible to help track deliverables in real-time vs. when a team member manually adjusts these to a milestone.

Hi @KimberlyAnn_DiCredic, thanks for providing this feedback!

At this time, it’s not possible to to set a task as a Milestone using Rules. Hopefully this is something our Product can implement in the future. I’ll you posted :slight_smile:

@Bastien_Siebman My original thread closed, so responding here.

I did but that’s not what we need. We have a team, with each project connected to a Google site taking in requests. These feed into the projects with the form for the producing teams to triage, while also going to the main request project for the requesters to see statuses and what have you. When I run reports on teams requests, I use Milestones to pull out the parent task and can drill in with the subtasks if someone needs to see that specific request. Having the sections, with tasks and a milestone at the end would break some of this apart for high-level viewing and make it very confusing as the range of asana knowledge at my company ranges from 0-expert.

Open to another way to automate the pulling of the parent task into a report other than a milestone, however.

Hi @KimberlyAnn_DiCredic yes, frustrating when people close requests prior to solved.

Could you link to the original request?

I think @Rebecca_McGrath linked it. Thank you both!

I do not see any link in this thread. But if you are all good, then no worries.

This is incredibly important to have. We have the ability to create an approval from a rule but not a milestone? Would love an update on this to see if there is a plan to add this as a feature, it is needed.