Create Activity feed to Teams & Projects

I am new to Asana. So far I have been impressed, but the lack of a Project Activity Feed is a serious problem. I find myself constantly trying to figure out what has happened recently in a project, and there does not seem to be an easy way to find out.

A Project Activity Feed seems like a pretty basic level of functionality. I’m surprised this feature does not exist already, and I certainly hope the product engineers at Asana release it soon.

3 Likes

YES! This is included in most project management software even on free versions. It’s critical for us. Please add this feature!

1 Like

Was just looking for this capability myself. It seems like most reports or dashboards we build are point-in-time, but we’d like to see some reports on, say, how many tasks we moved from one section to another in a period.

3 Likes

Yeah, not having an activity feed is a deal breaker. And the fact this thread has been open for so long is not encouraging. Too bad because otherwise Asana seems like a great tool.

4 Likes

Come on, Asana, we need a detailed activity feed within projects. Dashboard views are good but don’t provide a clear history of all activities within projects, and Advanced Search requires too much work and thinking about what to search for. They are not viable solutions.

The Activity Feed could be a dedicated tab within Projects and work similarly to the Inbox.

6 Likes

It would be so easy to design.

1 Like

Perhaps a simple start would be to add Inbox filters: Project, Team.
That should do the trick and it seems straightforward to implement.

2 Likes

Need this asap. Other platfoms like Basecamp have it. That’s where I stayed most of the time. I just want a timeline view of what’s happening with all the projects.

4 Likes

Anyone found any good Activity Feed workarounds until Asana addressed this? I’m used to Teamwork and I’m finding Asana really lacking :frowning:

2 Likes

I agree a timeline activity view would be great

2 Likes

PLEASE, implement this.

3 Likes

Even Microsoft Office has implemented an activity feed around documents and edits so I’m not sure why Asana is holding out.

2 Likes

I came over to Asana from Basecamp and this is the most glaring issue I face. In Basecamp, I could go to a feed of everything in the account or a feed of everything going on in a project. There I could quickly find recent files (with image preview), conversations, tasks completed. It was really an incredibly helpful thing.

3 Likes

I am considering moving my team from Monday to Asana and see so many benefits in Asana over Modnay but just found out that there is no Activity log in Asana and it makes it hard for me to make this move.
I think it’s a must have feature and it has been requested already in 2017 multiple times!
I this in the roadmap? can someone update on this ?

4 Likes

I mean its quite frustrating that they’re jumping on the AI bandwagon but have not yet attended to this most basic of requests…

3 Likes

I was about to move my team from Smartsheet to Asana, but won’t be doing this due to the lack of project-level activity feeds. This is a super frustrating gap because the tool already has all the data needed to create this. The lack of response from the Asana team on this is also a red flag.

At the very least, allow the Inbox to be filtered by project, which would do something similar. It already has a bunch of other filters, why not add project to the filters at the very least? Would be better surface on the project screen though. I’ll consider migrating to Asana when this is done.

Do any of you have an idea why Asana is not updating our feature request ?

I have a few:
Need:
Activity log
Attachments collapse
Sort comments - latest on top.
Of course the ability to update asana task due dates within Google calendar. Or whatever calendar.

Yes this is definitely showing a problem If they could give us explanations on why they haven’t given us the basic features we are asking - that would be nice. I’m guessing it would cost a lot of money? Trying to separate the free and premium plans?

Asana Llooking into AI and not offering these basic features yet? Bazaar. Confused am I.

Agree this is a vital feature. The inbox doesn’t show if anyone has changed a status of a task e.g. something moves out of backlog and into development. This can be achieved with third-party integrations (e.g. alerting a Slack channel) but there’s no log within an Asana project itself. It would be good to have a birds-eye view of chronological project activity, like other project management apps.

Wonder how many upvotes something needs to get attention. Somewhat concerning. :thinking:

1 Like