Create a new task in one workspace when assigned a subtask in another workspace?

Hello,

Please forgive me if this has been asked, but I’ve been searching for the answer and I am having trouble locating it.

I have my own workspace for my business, and I am also a part of a client’s workspace. I’m currently manually entering all of my tasks as a contractor for this client so that I can keep track of them within my business, but I’d like to automate (either via Asana or Zapier, etc) my workflow and reduce task entry to save time, eliminate errors, etc.

My setup: Within my workspace, I use a Team called Client Work then have each of my clients listed as “Project Client A” etc. within the team. For each client, I have a Section for To-Do, In Progress, etc. Currently, I am using a Task Template to manually add a new task with subtasks every time I am assigned something by a client.

My client’s setup: Their setup is similar, with multiple Tasks in each Project, and they assign certain subtasks of tasks to different contractors.

What I want to do: I’d like to create a new task within my Workspace’s “Project Client A” when I am assigned a subtask for a task in my client’s Project in their Workspace.

For example: The client assigns the “Draft” and “Edit” subtasks to me under “Task A” in Project A. I want to create a task called “Task A” in my personal business’ Workspace under “Project Client A” but only list the subtasks that were assigned to me in the client’s workspace (as I have no need to track other subtasks).

Is this possible at all? I would greatly appreciate any help automating this!

Thanks!

Hi,

With Asana Rules, you can’t do anything across workspaces, it never existed, and in my personal option never will. You will have to turn to automation tools, like Zapier, and connect a trigger from one Workspace with an action on another.

Maybe The Asana automation bible: all the triggers and actions from Asana, Zapier, Flowsana, Make.com - #25 by Anthony_Tamalonis will help.

Let me know!

2 Likes

Thank you @Bastien_Siebman I thought as much, but wanted to be sure. I will check this thread out, and start digging deeper into automations! Thanks again!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 11 days. New replies are no longer allowed.