Couldn't move a public project to a team I was member of

Drag and drop didn’t allow (no entry cursor for drop) and Move to another team menu item not present for a project I was a member of, even after I made it public according to Guide, trying to move to another team I was a member of. I am a guest in the org. I had imagined this was possible. What am I missing?

Thanks,

Larry

Hi @lpb,

Just to make sure I’m getting this right. You’re trying to move a project to another team within an Org you’re Guest of, is that correct? If yes,

1. Could you show me what options you have in the drop-down menu next to the project title?

2. Do you have edit rights on the project you’re looking to move?

Looking forward to your reply Larry!

Thanks, @Marie. Yes, you stated it correctly.

I was allowed to delete that project and did that earlier (after multihoming tasks to the new project I wanted; the long way to move!) so I can’t show you that menu, but I believe it looked like this;

which is the new project I created. But right now I’m only a member of the team that project is in so I shouldn’t be able to move it to another team in that org now (but should have been able to earlier).

I did have edit rights on the project, and do still on the one in the screen shot above.

Thanks again,

Larry

Just to be clear here, did you mean “I shouldn’t be able to move it to another team”? Sorry I’m getting a little bit confused here!

1. Could you confirm you’re working in an Organization (and not in a Workspace)?

2. And could you please share the URL of the project (via DM) so I can take a closer look?

Thanks Larry!

Sorry, yes, that was a typo; I meant “team”; just edited the last post.

1. Yes, in an Org, not a Workspace

2. I can’t share the URL of this project where it happened because I deleted that project last night in order to accomplish the move that I wanted to do. And now since I’m only a member of one Team in the org I can’t recreate it for you.

Thanks,

Larry

Thanks for the quick follow-up Larry.

It will be hard for me to investigate without being able to look at the project in question. When deleting this project, you should have received a notification (see Setting Up a Project in Asana | Product Guide • Asana Product Guide) which you can use to undelete the project.

If you’re willing to go extra mile, you can undelete the project, and I can look into it. If this is too much trouble, feel free to comment on this thread whenever you come across this issue again, and I’ll take it from there!

I’d rather not bother the client with this, so I’ll do what you suggest and keep an eye out for if it happens again when we’ve built out more teams there.

In the meantime I checked another Org where I’m a guest and nothing looks remiss; I have the “Move to another team” menu item in projects where I’d expect it.

Feel free to close this for now.

Thanks,

Larry

1 Like