Could not connect service. I can´t connect IFTTT with asana

@Ross_Grambo,

Over the past few days I’ve been receiving emails from IFTTT like this:

We can’t connect to your Asana.
Have you updated your password recently, or made some other changes? It could also be due to improvements that have been made to the service.
The good news: you can fix it.
Click through to reconnect.

Of course, I can’t fix it! They still have problems; Asana service is unusable.

Thanks,

Larry

2 Likes

@lpb, I saw those too. I reached out to IFTTT and they are looking into it.

1 Like

I’ve heard that the issue has been resolved. Let me know if this is not the case :slight_smile:

@Ross_Grambo,

Thanks.

I get Asana seems to be down right now. Try again probably because of the previously reported Loading…issue that I reported at

Did they attempt to fix that or at least determine what the confusion was that I tried to explain there? Should that work now? I can’t tell if the other problem is fixed because of this.

Thanks again,

Larry

They said they’ll start looking into it. I relayed both of your suggestions. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey Guys,

Anyone got this working?

I setup an applet but wondering if it changed with it being Google Assistant 2 now?

The applet semi works - I can create a task using goggle assitant, but it will only ever create the task in Asana that has the same name as the Scene. i.e “Ok Google, activate Asana” and it creates a task called ‘Asana’ in my project. I have tried many ways to customize the above to take different inputs but only works if it’s exactly the same and then only enters the trigger into Asana.

I cant get the task name its created to be customisible as per above. The problems seems to be on the Trigger, as there isn’t any options to change it, only suggest a new trigger which would be just logging it with ifttt.

This is the applet ive created if it helps?

Cheers

Welcome, @James_Deighton1,

See the update I made at the top of this point of mine (and a prior one):

Sorry, as far as I know it’s disabled and no longer possible.

Larry

Thanks Larry,

Looks like I’ll do that. My Gogle Assistant in ifttt doesnt have that field as a trigger option though, do you think you’d be able to publish yours and share the link here and I’ll copy it?

Mine just looks like this

Cheers

@James_Deighton1, Sorry if it wasn’t more clear, but I am no longer using IFTTT because I don’t believe there’s any Google Assistant feature any longer to accomplish this.

Larry

@James_Deighton1 this process does not work any more. There is no way to connect asana with Google assistant 2.0. It worked with Google assistant 1.0

@lpb thanks for your info. Do you (or anyone on the list) does it know a way to coonect Google Assistant 2.0 with Asana? I have been looking desperately for anything to be able to save task in asana with a voice command?

I would like to keep using google assistant but I am thinking about buying alexa ecco… If I can’t find a solution.

Thanks

1 Like

Thanks for the thanks! I’m afraid I’ve come up empty. I know you can do a “Note to self” with variable input; if there’s an easy way to later direct that to Asana, perhaps that’s an option but when I looked into it briefly a few months ago I couldn’t see a simple solution there.

Larry