Copy tasks to another project when it's due date

Hi! I use the asana boards to keep track of my daily tasks and move them around, I find it easier to tackle tasks this way than the today list. Anyways, I wonder if there’s a way of automatically copying a task from one project to another when the date for the said task is due. For instance, I use a board project with “do, doing and done” system, and other list projects with internal tasks. I organize the tasks with due dates and I would like to see the tasks for the day in my board project under my “do” list without having to manually copy them every morning. Is that possible?

Thank you for your answer!

Hi,

This should be possible with Zapier. @paulminors and @Caisha are the experts for this :slight_smile:

Enjoy

3 Likes

Thank you for your answer, Sebastian.

Contacting @paulminors and @Caisha. I tried some zaps with Zapier but couldn’t actually find a way of getting it done. Could you please help me out with this?

Thanks a lot!

Hey Rafael, I’ve been trying to think about how you would do this with Zapier and I haven’t figured out how. You could probably do it with a script if you know how to do that.

I’m going to think about it today and see if anything comes at me as to how I would do it with Zapier. The issue mainly is that you can’t search for tasks, only by task name - so I could maybe do that, but it would be a flawed automation as it would probably miss some steps.

1 Like

Finally a real challenge for @Caisha :wink:

1 Like

=D I love them as much as I am frustrated by not having the answers, lol

Yeah this is a tough one. Right off the bat I don’t think it’s possible, but I’ll give it some thought…

You can do it! I believe in you, guys! I don’t know how to write scripts :frowning:, otherwise, I would help more. But hey, new challenge! I’m glad I got @Caisha 's and @paulminors ’ attention. I’d love to hear back from you with a solution. I’d be in debt forever!

Please let me know

1 Like

Have you tried Blockspring Scripts?

1 Like

Hello Myroslav. I haven’t tried yet but sounds promising. I don’t have any programming skills so it might take a while until I can say this is a solution, but thank you for the tip!

I will try to use it and will let you know. @Caisha, if you happen to figure out this workaround first I would be eternally grateful :wink:

Thank you again!

1 Like

Hi @Myroslav_Opyr . I tried. I really did. But my coding skills are rather low. Probably the solution is there within blockspring, but I simply can’t do it. Has anyone tried something similar? Anyone? I’m completely out of options here :weary:

@Caisha , have you tried? maybe?

ATTN @paulk

Has there been any update to this - I am suffering similar fate - I have 1 board of Action items and 1 board of some of those action items that I need to do TODAY - If something is due today can it AUTOMATICALLY be in two projects (like dependencies).

thanks!

I’m not sure if this would be as complicated, but I was wandering if it would be possible to automatically add a task created in one project to another.

I have 4 schedule projects set up for 4 different teams and want to use Zapier to automatically add tasks created in each of those projects to an overall schedule project.

I know I could use advanced search but I want to be able to use Timeline as a visual. With the new sections feature it would be a really nice way to see everyone’s schedule on a timeline.

FYI you can now do this via Flowsana - I’ve added a rule condition based on a change in a task’s due date, including a condition for “Task is due today” - see this post for more info: