Copy Task on Mobile

Also, please don’t quote something like “Well, our statistics show that the majority of people are using desktop browsers…” well, of course they are: if you don’t have feature parity on mobile, people are forced to use devices that would otherwise be outside of their workflow. Self-fulfilling prophecy metrics in SaaS’s are a thing…

Someone wiped out my template task and while trying to find out why they didn’t just duplicate the task, learned you can’t duplicate a task in the mobile app. I cannot believe this. This seems extremely important.
I use a template task as a request “form” (our team doesn’t want to use a 3rd party form).

My system is based around task templates which are then copied and assigned to VA’s to complete. Just realised it can’t be done on iOS which as others have commented is a basic function for team working. Please please up the priority for adding this to mobile​:weary::weary:

I’m patiently waiting on this functionality. We have service technicians for which I’m trying migrate to using a standardized field service report task. This appears only possible by having a template task that needs to be duplicated by them in the field, on their IOS devices.

I’m glad effort is being made to funnel this conversation into this thread.

I just switched back to iPhone (after 22 months) and a bit surprised this feature exists on Android but not iOS.

My use case is I often have a running agenda item (eg. LA Trip or Meeting w Harry) & some percentage of things get done & it is nice to duplicate the task, delete points were covered/complete, rename the task “LA Trip 2”, update the due date and call it a day.

I purposely don’t use a project because its much easier to manage very dynamic info in the text of the description. Duplicating a task also has a nice interlinked history going back to the first trip/meeting.

If anyone wishes to share a “better” way to do this on iOS, I’m listening.

I hope sharing another context helps the dev team understand why this feature matters to us.

And I’m with @Michael_Maddox - I haven’t bothered to replace my ancient 2008 MacBook because I’ve been impressed i can indeed do almost everything on my mobile devices (esp Asana! :slight_smile:)

Thanks for making a great app & providing great channels for support!