Copy/Duplicate Task on Mobile

Any update on this feature Emily? It has been over two years that people have requested this simple feature changeā€¦ I see so many threads with thousands and thousands of views from people wanting a resolution for this.

I am wondering what is stopping this from moving forward? Your company prides itself on creating a product that allows people to get organized and take care of tasks that would otherwise fall off the plate, yet Iā€™m seeing a very simple critical feature go neglected for over two years.

Every post I see on this subject has the company representatives saying ā€œIā€™ll make sure to keep the main thread updated as soon as I have any newsā€ā€¦ There hasnā€™t been a single update in over two years? Not even a ā€œHey, we brought this up and it is scheduled to be worked on by X date.ā€

Is there anyways people can request an escalation for this simple feature? This method of voting and showing we need the feature has accomplished nothing in over two yearsā€¦

Iā€™d love to know who I can talk to for an actual update on this issue and/or if there is a more effective way of handling critical user needs. Can I submit a ticket for support? What other options are there for escalating this?

4 Likes

How is this possibly not a feature yet? This is crucial for project management on the go. Please implement this.

1 Like

What he said

1 Like

I have a free trial of Asana right now but I am not interested to pay for a subscription if this simple function of duplicating tasks doesnā€™t work in mobile. I do almost all of my work on my mobile. I also get worried when I see that people have asked for this function for over 2 years and you neither fixed the problem neither given your customers any good or transparent communication about this.

I started with Asana yesterday and was considering moving from Trello. This is such a fatal flaw in the functionality. I noticed it the moment I jumped on the mobile iPad versions. This makes setting up task quite useless and time consuming over the iPad and mobile. Please fix this. I donā€™t know how this is not a top priority with your team.

This is an earlier version of another post asking for the same thing: Allow to duplicate tasks from the mobile app

In the other post someone from Asana said they would take it to the onboard for future updates but that was 1.8 months ago :frowning: And this post is even olderā€¦

Asana doesnā€™t feel duplicating a task on mobile app is important sadly :frowning:

This is such a key requirement for anyone using checklists or task templates in the field which as a property manager we do all the time. Please add as this has been requested for a long time :frowning_face:

1 Like

I agree! This thread was started over 2 years ago and this still hasnā€™t been added to the app? Itā€™s such a simple thing to expect the app to do. I donā€™t know what it takes on the backend to write it in there but I spent like 10 minutes looking for a way to do it because I never thought that duplicating a task is something I wouldnā€™t be able to do.

2 Likes

Hi, I am unable copy a task in IOS app. Am is missing the button ? Is it hidden somewhere? Iā€™ve convinced everyone in office to use asana so that there is less work we have to do.
Now itā€™s firing bak on me. Just to copy a task ppl have to run to their desktops ?

2 Likes

Hi @Adamya,

Iā€™m afraid copying a task is not currently available in the Asana mobile apps. You can vote for that capability here:

(Also @Marie @Emily_Roman, this other thread should probably be merged with the one aboveā€¦)

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing your feedback @Adamya! As @Phil_Seeman mentioned, itā€™s currently not possible to copy tasks on mobile. Iā€™ve gone ahead and merged your post with the main thread to consolidate feedback. We donā€™t have any updates at the moment but weā€™ll make sure to post updates as soon as we have them.

1 Like

I really wish there was a way to duplicate tasks on my iPad/iPhone. I work remotely and do all if my work through my mobile devices and do not have access to a desktop/laptop.

Would Asana please update the app with the ability to duplicate tasks?

1 Like

Hi @Erin_Russell and welcome to the Forum!

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback @Erin_Russell; we will definitely take this onboard for future updates! And on my end, Iā€™ll make sure to keep you posted as soon as I have an update!

8 Likes

Awesome!

Thank you so much.

2 Likes

I second this feature request! I do 99% of my work on a mobile and have Template tasks set up with sub tasks that I need to be able to copy quicklyā€¦ I currently canā€™t do this while Iā€™m not sat in front of my laptop :frowning:

3 Likes

I agree! I work from an iPad and would love that feature to be able tp duplicate project templates. Love asana just wish it were more mobile and iPad friendly :slight_smile:

1 Like

Checking the status of this project. This is the most common action I would take on Asana and could help my org use it more broadly.

1 Like

Need task duplication on mobileā€¦ Itā€™s a very basic / necessary feature and Iā€™m surprised itā€™s not yet made available

2 Likes

I agree! This is a pretty basic function and I just realized that I have to log on to a laptop in order to perform this. I feel much less ā€œmobileā€ now in my work-from-home (or anywhere) endeavors. Please, Asana! Letā€™s spiff up the app!

1 Like

Still no update on this?

1 Like