Copy/Duplicate Task on Mobile

Just noticed this today as well and it’s definitely quite frustrating needing to go to the desktop to duplicate a task. Need to do so that has tons of sub-tasks and need to do it while on-the-go.

Would definitely be a super useful feature to have on mobile. Please consider :slight_smile:

1 Like

Adding my vote for copy/duplicate on iOS. Incredibly frustrating.

I work on an iPad Pro as my main device so this is essential.

1 Like

The baselime use of assama for me is all based around 3 tasks that I need slight variations on, I use the mobile app all through the day to manage existing ones but making new copies being desktop only is unacceptable

Wow…its sad to see that this basic feature has been requested since 2018 and it still hasn’t been updated. I liked this platform but if a simple command like duplicating a project or task isn’t available on the mobile app, it makes asana worthless to me. Going back to Clickup.

2 Likes

Please add this feature.

1 Like

Oh, God! Two years now and still not duplicate of task feature. No wonder that Asana is owned by Google :thinking:

How is it possible that this still hasn’t happened? This is such a necessary task.

2 Likes

Well well well, 2 years later and still no updates on duplicate task on Mobile

1 Like

At least allow us to use the web version of asana via the browser until you figure this out (and yeah, two years? Really? That is INSANE

1 Like

Pretty sad that we are still waiting on this feature. It seems to be endlessly requested and it can be done on literally the other iterations of Asana. My organization relies HEAVILY on Asana and Templating for projects and is often on their mobile devices and as a PM not being able to duplicate a template at a moments notice on mobile or my iPad (where I do most of my work these days) is nothing short of maddening.

1 Like

Asana Team please help your loyal clients and make this update. We have expected it for so long and yet no update still. Whats the actual hold up? Are you working on it? When will this clearly useful and highly requested feature be available?

2 Likes

It has been 3 years that we are waiting for this feature. The majority of my team works on mobile devices. Can we get an update or whom to contact about this feature?

2 Likes

Same demand, could you keep us informed ? Thanks

1 Like

As a lot of the comments above, our team with task checklists and we need the ability to spawn a new task based on an existing template. I think if Asana is targeted at users performing checklists then this is a fundamental requirement. Thanks

1 Like

I’m requesting this feature as well. When travelling this would be such a fantastic feature - suppose I’ll just have to stare out of the window instead!

1 Like

Please make this feature available on iOS. Thank you!

1 Like

I just waded through posts that date back four years. FOUR YEARS. Copying a task on mobile can be done on Trello Mobile. Why isn’t it yet available on Asana Mobile? And why is Asana ignoring everyone? Asana reps keep saying ‘please vote on this here’ but ‘here’ just loops back to, well, here. So many employees have to work on their phones now. Surely this is a basic function.

If this is the correct place, please add my vote.

2 Likes

I mean the app.

This NEEDS to happen, we DEFINTELY need to be able to duplicate a task on the mobile app.

I cannot even find a feature where you can start a new task from a Task Template on the mobile app.

It’s the mobile app that NEEDS this the most! Our field workers need to be able to either duplicate an existing task, or use a task template, so that they aren’t guessing about what person to assign the task to, what projects that task needs to show up in, relative due dates, etc.

I can easily set all that up in either a pre-made task that is created when the project itself is birthed, or from a Task Template.

So, there are two potential solutions both of which would be great, but neither of which are available.

I must be honest this is nearly a deal breaking insufficiency.

4 Likes

So many years have gone by… and still we can’t duplicate a task OR create a task using a template on mobile. I am so perplexed by this one. I’m with you @Matt5 … this is nearly a deal breaking insufficiency!

2 Likes